So this is the start of my second challenge this fall. I wanted the discipline, but my first week on Allan's challenge makes me feel rebellious on the whole challenge thing. Nevertheless, I'm good at self-denial, so I'm going to forge ahead.
As I said, the first week on Allan's challenge was mixed. I did great, and then good, and then OK until yesterday. I ran 2 days, rode bike 2 days, and I think I did a weight workout 1 day. So workouts were good. The eating was good until yesterday when I found myself at Applebees with a group of people. Still, I didn't descend into the fried appetizers like I really wanted to. I got a quesadilla burger, full of Applebees advertised "special flavor boosters," or something like that. What it did was sit in my stomach like a lead ball and make me sleep poorly last night. Ah, regret.
I religiously logged everything I ate into MFP for nine months, yet this week I had trouble doing it for more than a day. I saw that I am eating around 1300 calories, so I'm probably OK. I also lost 3 pounds this week (gained one back this morning!), so again, I'm probably doing OK. This MFP trouble probably doesn't mean that I'm on the highway back to gain 100 pounds. Still - I feel like if I'm in 2 challenges, I should be logging my food.
So, my 5 goals for Rebecca's challenge. Measurable goals.
1) Lose 10 pounds to get below 170.
2) Run at least (1) 5K race. Run the whole thing. Finish in less than 40 minutes. Note: this is scheduled to be September 22.
3) Ride my bicycle at least once a week.
4) Run at least twice a week.
5) Do at least one weight workout every week.
There! That wasn't hard! I'm committed to 4 workouts a week per the above, and I think I can do that. It's where I want my life to go anyway, so being accountable should help cement 4x/week workouts as a way of living.
Peace y'all!
I love how you broke your workouts down into each different activity rather than just saying 4 workouts a week. Best of luck with the challenge and all your goals:)
ReplyDeleteLoving the structure of your goals, they will still need dedication but will give you a great routine.
ReplyDeleteScheduling 4 workouts a week is a good plan! Good luck achieving your goals. Looking forward to reading about your progress :)
ReplyDelete