Friday, October 12, 2012

Going Out

We're having a girls night out tonight in Saratoga.  It's one of those nights that probably won't even start until 10, a time that normally sees me fast asleep.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I haven't done something like this in a long, long time. 

I'm feeling pretty good.  I just weighed myself and see that I've taken off the extra poundage I put on with all that restaurant eating last weekend.  It was tough!  I had monster carb cravings all week, but stuck to the plan and finally, yesterday, my body surrendered.  That was four days of torture that I had to endure because I ate too many carbs over last weekend and my body got used to them. On Monday I was 181.  Just now, I'm back to 178, which translates to 177-ish tomorrow morning.

So, I don't want to ruin it by eating out again!  That's why I just finished eating dinner.  Some turkey, sweet potato and dried cranberries that hopefully will keep me full for hours and hours.  I wasn't hungry and hesitated to eat (because that's been one of my big, big weaknesses - eating when I'm not hungry).  But the alternative is being starving with a restaurant menu in my hand, which I really don't want to happen.

Also - in honor of girls night out, I put on a completely risky skirt and my reward boots that I bought a month ago.  For those of you that remember how humungous my rear end used to be, you can understand why this skirt feels really on the edge for me.  Not like it draws attention to a certain body part or anything!


I still need pictures to tell me what I look like.  I would always look in the mirror and think I looked just fine until I would see the pictures and think, Who is that fat cow?  Oh yeah, it's me!  I had such a distorted body image.  I thought I was thinner than I really was.  But the pictures never lied to me.

Anyway - I'm going to swallow the little voice that's telling me to wear something less "out there," and rock this outfit.  Even more, I'm gonna wear red gloves, a red scarf and a red purse.  So there!  I still feel like a big cow, but the weight tables tell me I'm less than 10 pounds away from normal weight.  I think I've earned the right to wear a flashy, tight skirt. And wear it proudly, I will!

See, y'all later!



2 comments:

  1. Well done for taking the steps to get back to where you were. You look great! You have nothing to feel self-conscious about! :)

    ReplyDelete