I haven't posted in a while, but it's not because I've been sliding backwards. I've been busy, and blogging isn't a priority for me these days. 175.6 this morning.
I was as low as 173 a few months ago, but socializing a TON moved it up to 179-ish. I noticed signs of addictive behavior, like not having any control near the bread basket at a restaurant, and I was a little afraid that I was losing control and on an upward slide to 275 pounds again.
Plus, I've been sick a lot these last few months. Three colds or whatever they were had me down a bunch and not exercising much since the beginning of November. Now, I'm coming out of the third one, which was an ear infection. Both of my ears have been blocked for the last 2 weeks. It feels like I'm talking in a box, very loud inside my head while other people are saying, "what?". Since I'm flying across the country on Monday, I'm a bit concerned that the ups and downs are going to have me in ear agony. My doc made a plan that will hopefully have the ears clear enough to fly without pain.
So here's what I'm doing these days:
- I'm not giving myself a break for the holidays. I still make the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. I still drink about 100 ounces of water (as tea) every day. I wrote that my goal was to end the holidays smaller than I started them, and I'm on track to succeed at that goal. This time last year, I was about 230-225 pounds. Now I'm 50 pounds lighter, and getting lighter still.
- A Planet Fitness opened up a mile from my house and I joined. Now I have 3 places to work out; home (elliptical, DVD or free weights), work gym at lunchtime or in the afternoon, or Planet Fitness in the mornings or evenings. It costs $30/month for both gym memberships. I've found that I work harder at Planet Fitness than either of the other 2 places. I'm pretty competitive.
- I'm still shopping at the Salvation Army, except that when I buy pants, I'm only buying size 12. They are a little tight, but that's what size I'll wear when I'm at my goal (6 pounds away!!). I'm using tight pants to constantly remind me what's important. The feedback from the online dating peeps is pretty powerful when I wear pants that make my booty look good. Here I am trying on an outfit for a bachelorette party.
- I'm going to take tight pants with me when I visit my family. In past years, my family visit has been an excuse to drink too much and be a sloth. This time I plan to work out 5 out of 7 days (which means less time near the booze and food), and wear pants that FIT, instead of loose sweatpants.
- I want to have a bias for action instead of inaction. This means that when my nieces ask me to play hide and seek, I participate instead of saying, "no." No days that are just sitting all day, like I have in past years.
- I want to take time to try out some snack food recipes, or recipes for meals that are freez-able, that are good, but not TOO good. My goal is to find meals that are flavorful and satisfying, that don't make me want to eat a TON. Example: stuffed peppers. Tasty, freezer-friendly, and portion controlled (half a pepper fills me up). When I come home exhausted from work and can't think of what to make for dinner, I want to have a few things available in the freezer that don't require any thought to pop in the microwave oven. I think a vacation is a perfect time to try new recipes. I'm loving Pinterest for recipe ideas.
That's pretty much it. I wrote that I was going to stop "dieting" at the end of the year and maintain wherever I am, but I think I'm going to keep going. I'm so close to my goal (BMI < 25), that I think a few weeks of eating very clean and putting in a real effort will get me there. I want to end up below 170 and have a scream weight of 175. So very close.
Have some wonderful holidays all! My thoughts are with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment