Hey Y'All,
Just a quick post to say that everything is OK. I'm doing well. Weight is stable and still decreasing .... slooowly. I'm still working out. Still eating well. This morning's weight is 174.4. Which is something like 50 pounds lighter than I was this time last year. I think I got into onederland around Easter last year, so things are good on the weight loss front. I'd still like to lose 5-10 more pounds, but if I stayed under 175, I'd be completely happy. At the rate I'm going, 5-10 pounds will take most of the rest of the year. I'm OK with that.
I went silent because I'm busy. My job changed and I'm much busier at work than I was last year. They tightened up IT policies, and I can't easily get to blogs from work any more. Can still post, but can't post pictures. Now that I'm more maintain-y, I've lost a lot of the urgency I had when I was in full weight-loss mode and posting every day.
Here's a trick that I use regularly when I'm out being social with my friends that I haven't seen others write about. I pick a thin friend and don't eat more than she eats. I don't have the right instincts about when to stop eating, so I borrow my friend's instincts. If she doesn't finish her entree, I stop as well. If she finishes, I use that as a clue that it's not too much food. I have 2 fit, never fat friends to choose from, so as long as I pay attention, I'll be fine. I wasn't using this trick last fall, and I gained a few pounds around Thanksgiving, eating too much bread. Building the techniques to live the rest of my life as a normal weight person! I love it.
Gotta run. I do read your blogs still. I notice that most of us are mostly silent. Hope it's because we're all being busy and successful!
Nice to hear from you!
ReplyDeleteI like your tip about following a fit friend's cues for eating - something to keep in mind for sure :)
Soon you will be the fit and thin girl others are taking their food cue from. You have done so well ... Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteHi Jordan. Today I decided to stop by at the E2Echallenge and then check up on everyone. I am so happy you have made it to a place you are comfortable and happy. I like you idea of eating just what a skinny friend does...to bad my friends are like me. Guess we'll just have to learn together.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work. Take care and God Bless!!