Sunday, April 1, 2012

E2E Update

This is the second-to-last Sunday update for the Eve to Easter Challenge!

Weight: 195.2 (202.4 last week).  On September 3rd last year I was 264, for 69 pounds lost in 7 months.


My weight's been going down like stair steps.  Basically flat for weeks at a time, then a whoosh down.  This week was woosh - 7.2 pounds down.  I wouldn't wish the reason on anyone though.  I had some bad fish Friday night and have been kinda afraid to eat since.  Either that or I have the flu.  I made myself get up this morning and go to the grocery for some kefir and loads of yogurt to get some good bugs into my belly, but I still feel weak.  I ate some pineapple this morning and then tried to run a bit.  I got through about 10+5 minutes of jogging, but then there was no more gas in my tank and I had to stop.

Waist: 33-1/2 (Sept 3 last year it was 42.5, lost 9 inches)
Hips: 45 (Sept 3 last year 54, lost 9 inches)
Thigh: 26-1/2 (Sept 3 last year 30.5, lost 4 inches x 2 thighs=8)

I'm such a pear shape.  It's like I lost weight from my neck and waist first and only now, after 7 months of losing and close to goal weight - only now am losing from my hips and thighs.

It's really odd to realize that when people look at me, they don't think," Fat person," any more.  Last night, as part of my EMT training, I rode with an ambulance crew.  At one point we were standing around talking about a call one group had where a 14-year old girl had unsuccessfully tried to climb a fence with sharp wires on top.  They were joking about her being 220 pounds (as in, "that's why she couldn't get over the fence.").  I kept quiet that I was 220 pounds at Christmastime.  It's like I finally get to be in the secret club of kinda normal weight people.

Dude is playing in Boston with a German serviceperson and I haven't spoken to him in days. He hasn't even managed to text. I feel a little shunted to the side (OK, a LOT shunted to the side), but he did warn me it would be like this (this week).  It reminds me of a few uncomfortable things.  One: how quickly I changed my life to fit him into it.  Last week I was planning on taking him with me to Easter dinner with the family I eat my holiday meals with.  Now I'm not so sure I'm ready to introduce him to people in my life.  Not without a serious conversation.  Two: I am fundamentally alone.  Just because I wish it weren't so doesn't make it true.  Being sick this weekend with nobody to call brings it home to me in a harsh way.  No matter what I want and wish for, I am still alone.  All those of you who have family and others close to you, be very thankful!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Man! Sorry you got the sickies, girl.

    7 must be the magic food poisoning number. I remember when I got it in 2007 and lost like 7 pounds OVERNIGHT from all the diarrhea. Bleh. Nasty.

    Do not exercise when ill. Especially an illness that tends to dehydrate. That is one way to court a fainting spell or worse.

    Hydrate. Kefir up. And I hope Mr. German Dude raelizes that some folks need a bit more consideration in contact. Let's face it. A text takes 1 minute. ONE EFFING MINUTE. Even if it's at bedtime, right before lights out. That's not hard. I just think some people dont understand the emotional toll of no contact.

    Heck, I'm married 29 years nearly, and I still want to hear from hubby at work. It makes my day. i totally get why this would make you feel shunter. Sucks. And I hope his eyes open a bit.

    Two texts a day, 2 to 5 minutes of his time, and you'd be on cloud nine, right? How simple is that to make a person happy. No brainer.

    Well, on we go. I hope you are 100% real soon.

    Oh, and I would have mentioned being X weight. There are kickass 200 pound ladies out there doing martial arts and climbing mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my heck, princess hit it right on the head... the emotional toil of no contact... I dunno. When I get all crazy about someone, particularly if there's been a succession of dates and intimacy, I think about them lots. Is it just a girl thing? Do boys have a serious case of object impermanence?

    The regular person club makes me uncomfortable. Paranoid nanette always thinks that everyone is looking at her and thinking whale-type thoughts or whispering whale like comments. Weight loss Nanette thinks that insecurities are projected onto those people. They could just as easily be talking about anything else. But the regular person club sorta confirms things for the paranoid side of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no excuse for the no contact. He knows it makes you crazy and if he cares for you he should make the effort. Just my 2 cents worth.

    I am happy for your loss, but sick is a terrible way to lose it. But seven pounds will help you to stay away from the 200 mark forever. You have come a long way since September. Keep doing what you're doing, because it is working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took strength from your comments and texted him 2 hours ago letting him know it makes me happy when he texts to say hello and asking if he's really too busy to give 30 seconds. No response yet. OMG - what if I'm being dumped?? There are more signs that say No than say Yes, but I've only known this guy for a month! He already told me that he makes decisions quickly. yeah. hating this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Jordan you were sick and then also had no support of any kind. I hope that he contacts you soon so that you can at least know something.
    I hope you're feeling stronger. Ease back into your exercise, slow and steady right now, get better first.
    Take care and have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG the spring is like walking into bloggie OZ with all the Onderlanders!!! Hooray. Great going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that you are feeling better soon, I hate that flu/stomach type sickness! Guess it's good for the weight loss though. You have been working hard and it shows in your numbers, smaller clothes, and your attitude and behaviors. Dude... have you mentioned to him that it would be nice to get a text or something here & there during the week. Yes he warned ya but as Princess said, it takes less than a minute and it could make a big difference in a person's day just to hear from those that they want to hear from:-) Maybe you could just text him & say "thinking about you" or "hi, hope all it going well" strike up a little possibility;-)

    ReplyDelete