I read Allan's post this morning about starting another challenge and my first thought was, Cool! But then I thought, I only have 15 pounds to lose - 1200 calories per day is not enough for this girl who's in the homestretch of the weight loss thing. I've lost my desire to suffer so much for the cause.
But then I did the math. You see, I was busy with social things this weekend and ate too much. This morning I was 183.0, up 1.5 pounds from 2 days ago. 14 pounds to lose x 3500 calories per pound = 49,000 calories total.
If I want to be at goal by the end of the year, which is, um, let's say 4 months = 120 days away. The math says that I must create a deficit of 49,000 calories divided by 120 days = 408 calories per day. My scale says that my BMR is 1850 calories per day, so I'll have to go down to 1400-ish calories (net) to reach goal for New Year's Eve.
And then I looked at my progress since the beginning of July:
July 10 - 184.6 pounds
July 26 - 183.8
Aug 2 - 181.8
Aug 12 - 183.8
Aug 18 - 181.6
Aug 20 - 183.0
It's the famous gain and lose the same 2 pounds over and over again that I've been doing for the last 2 months! A grand total progress of ONE pound in almost 2 months! Last week I was below 180 for a moment, and here I am after a nice 3 days of eating right back up at 183.
Allan's challenge starts next Monday. Weight Wars' challenge starts on September 3rd. I'm in for both of them and looking forward to the discipline. Since I have no intention of slowing down on the social life, I'm just going to have to learn (or re-learn) the techniques that will get me to 169 in this lifetime.
Who's coming along??
Hey, just checking in on a few of my old blogging pals. I've been semi-silent (like once a week posts), cause life has me busy elsewhere. I'm maintaing sorta--dipped down to 169.8 for like a couple days, then crept up again to 173.8 today. September 3rd would be the TWO YEARS of Two Years to Happy Weight AFter. Didn't (won't) make 160, but sure am happy at where I got to. :) Now, to get back to moving and to maintaining and holding on like mad.
ReplyDeleteMaintaining is okay. You're at a pretty cool weight and look good. But if you want to lose more, then go for it. I won't be joining any challenges (yet), but I know they're helpful. We know that for sure, don't we? :D
Happy challenging.
Hello! I am one of Allan's challenge participants. I've tracked calories before, but have used 1400 as my target. Hopefully, drinking a lot of water and tea will help with the 1200 level.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to both of us!
I can relate to losing and gaining the same pounds over and over again. I'm hoping that the structure of the Weight Wars challenge (and a good dose of discipline on my part) will help me get on the right track!
ReplyDeleteWishing you the best of luck in both challenges!