Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A First

When I put this morning's weight into MFP, I noticed that I've lost a grand total of - da dummh - 0 pounds in the last month.  Well actually, I gained 5, then lost 7, then gained 2.  It wasn't exactly static. 


Since I started this weight loss journey last September, this is the first month I haven't lost. 

It's a crummy first, but I'm not terrified - yet.  I did write that I was thinking about slowing down and maintaining a bit before the final push to <170. But this is a kind of limbo that I don't love.  I have some pairs of too-big pants and some pairs of tight pants, and don't want to spend money on "real" clothes until I get closer to my final size.

I'm maintaining the exercise, but slacking a little on food.  Like eating actual bread on occasion, and allowing myself a little too much on the treat front.  As Mary from A Small Loss writes, you can't out-exercise a bad diet.  I was hoping to get down to 180-185 before Mir's next challenge, which would give me a fighting chance of getting to <170 by the end.  It's technically possible, but not likely unless I start taking more care with food.

I don't have much else to say right now.  I can see the end of this blasted EMT class in a few weeks - only a few weeks until I get evenings back again! Everything else is perking along.  Not great, but not terrible, which is about as good as real life gets sometimes.

Peace out, y'all!!

4 comments:

  1. The food part is the absolute hardest for me - I love working out, I love being active, but I also overindulge far more than I should lately. It's incredibly tough, but small changes can add up to big results - maybe if you have treats 4 days a week, try a week with just 3, then 2, then 1. ♥ Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When does Mir's new challenge start?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same boat here. April was a wash. I need some fire.

    Fire, fire, anyone?

    On we go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still considering it (the "close to goal" challenge). Undecided yet about the details. SORRY.

    ReplyDelete