Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday

Mir gave me a gentle poke yesterday, about how it's time for an update. And good thing!  I hadn't really noticed that the last time I wrote was a whole week ago.  All I can think to write is a bunch of random things that don't hang together.  So, by golly, they'll hang separately!

- 190.0 this morning.  A new low. Barely.  I went up to 192.2 before coming down to this this morning. I've been eating out with Dude a lot and not being very good about what I ate.  I do OK on portion size, but even a really small bit of ice cream is too much if it isn't fantastic ice cream (and it wasn't).

- I've begun changing my blog reading to focus more on successful maintainers. To those of you that write about struggling and failing time and time again and falling into binges, pizza and burgers, Sorry! It's not personal.  Just like my losing phase was so much helped by reading along with other losers, my maintaining is going to depend on "hanging out" with other maintainers.  There's a bunch of you that struggle and write about it and I learn along with you as you learn the binge triggers and how to help yourselves.  I'm a keep reading y'all. I feel like an alcoholic trying to stay away from booze sometimes.

- I ran 3x last week, and did strength once.  I'm going to try for a repeat of that this week.  Each of the runs was run 1 mile, walk a little, run 1/2 mile, walk a little, run 1/2 mile, walk a little, run a mile, cool down.  RunKeeper (cool app!) says that my average pace for the entire thing was about 13:50-14 minutes per mile. The running parts were about 12 min/mile, or 5 miles/hr.  It doesn't keep up with most people, but I'm happy with it.  My first 5K-that-I-want-to-run-most-of-it is on Sunday morning.  I'll probably start too fast and burn out, but we'll see.

- There was another NY Times article this morning on obesity that I liked.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/15/science/a-mathematical-challenge-to-obesity.html?_r=1
Of course, the guy's a mathematician, so I'm intrigued right away.  Data!  What does the data say??
It brought up a thing I've mentioned before - the body weight simulator: http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/
I played around with it again this morning and put in my current weight and my goal of 170 and saw that it thinks I can eat 2500 calories per day to maintain.  Hahahaha!  That's the funniest thing I've read in a while!

- I'm wearing a pair of size 14 Liz Claiborne jeans right now.  Monday night I wore some size 12 Levis.  They fit oh-so-tight.  But I could comfortably sit for periods of time, so they go into the rotation.  My goal of goals is to wear size 12 pants.  I have no idea what weight that will be, but I want to be a size 12. Size 10 would be OK, too.

- Dude is on his way to Germany for a 2-week vacation.  Hard to believe that we've known each other for like 11 weeks!  I need to rediscover meditation again - I'm way off balance lately and have been a bundle of nerves and stress for no reason.

- The final EMT test is tomorrow night.  I went to the liquor store and bought a bottle of champagne for the minute I get home from that test.  This has been 5 months of hell, this class - but I made it through!

- I don't think I like the new Blogger.  It's impossible for me to ignore that only 3 people read my last few posts now that the numbers are right there for me to see.  Maybe a few more read on Google reader. Hopefully.  It doesn't make me want to stop blogging though.  The main reason I'm doing this is for me.
- And finally.  Here's a picture from the structure fire call we had 2-1/2 weeks ago.  I'm the girl. The only one.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weigh-in! And on the EMT course end. You have really been busy lately. I am so happy for you that you have been able to stay in the 100's and continue to lose. Some people quit when they get to 199 and find it's impossible to maintain. I was trying to maintain and quickly gained 5 lbs. So I agree with you in reading and hanging out with the people who are learning the same things you are, or are ahead of you in the game. I don't like the new Blogger, either, but they didn't ask for my opinion. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waving from Colorado......I read your blog! I don't comment but I like reading it and it inspires me to keep going so thanks!!!

    Lalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for the EMT Passing... and the new size of jeans in the rotation... and the new lowest weight!

    I'm sad I'm not one of the maintainers. But I'll still be reading and commenting. :) I get that it can be tough to keep in the right mental place when constantly reading about ups and downs when you want to be thinking STABLE!

    Big Fat Love You!

    ReplyDelete