I buckled down Sunday and Monday and lost 2.2 pounds of the crap I put on last week. I learned a lot last week! Here are the highlights:
Even though I wrote that I was thinking about doing a maintenance-y, lose-y thing, what I meant was that I wanted to DO maintenance and GET RESULTS like I was still losing. The physics doesn't work like that. If I want to lose, I have to ACT like I want to lose. Dieting and maintaining are two different things.
I got loose with what I ate (hello, rice and pasta are NOT foods that I can have every week and still lose) and with portion sizes. My not-weight loss last week shows that if I'm gonna eat like maintenance, that's what I'll get. We get out what we put in.
I lost discipline on the working out. I ran errands on my lunch hours instead of working out and expected the workout time would just magically happen. It didn't. I have to devote precious time to working out, meaning I'll have to NOT do other things. If I don't work out, I don't get results. It's pretty simple and it doesn't happen without me making workouts a priority over other things, like finishing construction work on my house.
I still want to lose 15-30 more pounds, so I can't stop. Dieting isn't hard when I put my mind to it and do it. I can't slack off and hope that magically weight will evaporate from me. I did that for 10 years and gained 100 pounds. I don't want to be in a place where I'm trying to lose, but not very hard and I'm in some never-never land where I never reach goal. I wanna git somewhere fast-ish and then change over to maintenance.
So here it is:
I'm gonna (continue to) DIET until I hit 185 and then think about continuing down to 169. I re-upped Sunday and Monday, did good food, some juicing, some Jillian Michaels, and lost 2+ pounds. I'm SO SO SO close to Onederland and the momentum is there to keep going. I had my slack off time and my wandering in the woods last week. Now I'm back and focused.
Good day all!!

you're nearly there!!! A repeat weekend and you'll be crossing over into onederland for sure!
ReplyDeleteDieting is always hard for me. Was hardest in the past and in the beginning, then got easier (not easy, just "habitual"), then got harder again (though not as hard as in the obese days). I'm hoping I can get back into EASIER real soon. :)
ReplyDeleteOn we go...and let's see you cross that milestone Sunday!