189.4 this morning - gained 3 pounds yesterday.
I participated in a charity golf tournament yesterday afternoon. My company wanted to field an all-woman team and I'm so happy that the leader thought to invite me! It's not because I'm a good golfer, haha! I'm guessing it was about the company. That's me on the right. The shirt is a 12-petite. The pants are size 16. I was still the biggest of the group, but I don't feel like people would have called me the "big girl."
MFP says that 18 holes of golf with a cart burns 1500 calories, which is crazy too much. I estimated it would burn 750-800 calories, so I didn't worry about what I ate or drank. That was dumb of me, because I ate like a starving person; several beers, beer pretzel, cheetos, multiple hotdogs for lunch, multiple chicken parmesans for dinner, high fat salad dressing, all topped off with ... dessert. So really, I earned the extra pounds. Even if I did eat 5,000 calories of stuff, the real weight gain is 1-1/2 pounds. Normal people eat less for a few days after something like this, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.
Last week when I was golfing, I noticed that the ladies that were fat were the ones that took every opportunity to do less work. To use a cart when they could walk, for example. So I resolved to be the other way. I resolved to bend down and pick up my ball instead of using the club to hoist the ball. To walk and get my ball instead of letting other people do it. I resolved to be inefficient. Do more physical work in the course of doing my normal stuff. I think inefficient people burn more calories.
Two other notes from yesterday:
- The first part of the day was tough for me. Everything still reminds me that I'm single now, so it was a stream of downer thoughts and not a good time. I was able to eventually forget a little and had somewhat of a good time towards the end. It's just a time thing now. Time goes by and things will get better.
- I told my cart partner, a coworker that's been maried for 46 years, why I've been a little down at work lately. She commented that it's hard for her to imagine and I started about how I did NOT want to be in this place of being alone at my age. It surprised me how negative I was about the whole thing. (Well, actually it didn't surprise me.)
Problem is - I believe that we attract what we think about. See the header for this blog. In being so negative, I'm attracting more negativity into my world. My horoscope for this morning said something similar:
If you want to start feeling good (and get someone else to feel good), you have to just start smiling. Focusing on what you don't have instead of enjoying what you do have is one way to guarantee that you won't be as happy as you could be.
Point made. Time is doing it's magical thing. I'm better now than I was yesterday. Tomorrow will be better still. For example - I gained 3 pounds and I'm still under 190. How great is that???
I completely agree with that conclusion, we attract what we think. I've been kinda in the dumps a little about the job stuff. Lo and behold, still unemployed.
ReplyDeleteBeing the biggest girl in that group wouldn't be hard. They all look quite fit and trim. You're also the tallest. I don't look at that photo and see a fat person at all though. It could be my obese eyes.