Sunday, February 5, 2012

E2E Update

Thoughts become things ... choose the good ones!

I DID go up this morning to 212.4 for 1.8 pounds lost this week.  It's like my body flirts with a lower weight before it finally goes there.  It doesn't bother me when that happens because I know that I've eaten well and exercised, so overall I'm going in the right direction.  I know I'll hit 211 again (and then 210 ... and then Onederland!!! soon enough). 

Waist: 37 (funny, because it was 35 yesterday!)
Hips: 47-1/2
Thigh: 28

Last week: 214.2
Waist 35
Hips 48
Thigh 28

E2E Start
weight: 222
waist: 36
hips: 47-1/2
thigh: 28

Loss since E2E start = 9.6 pounds.  Essentially no inches lost, but things do fit better!

I love feeling how muscular I'm becoming.  Yesterday I re-noticed that I still have rolls of fat and really lumpy legs and was disappointed for a while.  But then I realized that I still have 40+ extra pounds on me (from my ultimate goal, 170), and overall I'm doing pretty well.  I was talking to someone from match.com on the phone Friday, and he asked how recent my pictures were - and I got to say, "I'm thinner than all my pictures," which was pretty cool.  This is me in Oman in March, 2008 at about 260-ish, 50 pounds ago.

 I made it through another week of EMT class, and the first test.  Thirteen more weeks to go.

-I did OK, not great, on supporting other challengers.  I did get to more than 3, but not everyone, and did comment on my buddy's blog every time she posted.
-I posted about my book.
-I stayed below 1400 net calories every day.
-I exercised 6 days this week (including C25K week 4 this morning!  During the second 5 minute run I thought about stopping and then realized that I have no good reason to stop.  So I kept going.)

I'm feeling pretty good about this weight loss thing.  In my head I'm already at 210 and 40 pounds away from my ultimate goal.  Since I'm an engineer and I can't help calculating things, it could be 1 to  1-1/2 months before I get to onederland, and 4 to 6 months (at this rate), before I'm there!  It's optimistic, I know, but I'm finally beginning to think that I might really succeed!  I'm pretty sure life will get in the way, like I might meet a nice guy and we'll cook and eat together - but I'll take that hurdle when it happens!

6 comments:

  1. Yay Jordan! You sound so positive. You have had a busy week, and good for you for finishing that run this morning. You have the same attitude as I have finally realized about daily fluctuations. They are what they are and you know your body. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep!!!! She lost and she's transforming!

    Definitely keep the positive in the brain, the goals in the mind. Your brain and mine...mysterious things. Who knows that all that faith and affirmation is doing internally. I do believe there is more to the brain than we know , and more to believing than scientists can prove. :D

    Here's to another week. We press on...and your 170 is in the bag for this year as long as you keep that brain ON FIRE! :)

    Hugs, buds

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great! I had a slow week as well but still feel good about it. I know you must feel pretty damn good when you can tell a guy that you are in better shape than when the pic was taken. If he has seen the old pic and is still interested than you know he will be impressed by your improvements!

    We all know that we are doing this for ourselves but it sure feels good for the opposite sex to notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great Jordan. You will do this, you will lose what's left and be awesome but one thing, you are already awesome!! Keep up the great work. Blessings my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, it's not easy when dealing with the EMS stuff and all but look at you go! That 5 minute running, KUDOS to you on that for sure!! I'm struggling in that department but I will get there:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! Keep it up! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete