I went to see The Artist yesterday with some girls and went to lunch afterward. I'm a popcorn freak. I LOVE movie popcorn! So I was focused on avoiding the popcorn, and didn't think much about how I was going to handle lunch. I bypassed the little gourmet pizzas and salads and had huevos, refried beans, arepa, plantains and chorizo. When I added it up later, I realized that it was over 1000 calories! It was good, but was it 1000 calories worth of good? No. Especially since that split second decision is going to take me all week to work off.
I had a pedicure Saturday and got my eyebrows done. I think good eyebrows that have a nice arch can make my face look really nice. On the flip side, flatter eyebrows just look bad on me. Unfortunately, washing won't help. The only thing that will make my eyebrows look better is time. Blurgh.
Have any of you had your eyebrows threaded??? I hear that I can get more arch-y brows that way.
With my weekend indiscretion and the gains, I've only lost 4 pounds in the last month! Maybe I should take back all the optimistic calculations I did yesterday!
To make myself feel better, here are pics showing me wearing the same outfit. First on Dec 22 and then on Feb 5th. I chose that white shirt because it was really tight last fall. (I'm having problems making Blogger put the pics next to each other, so you'll have to scroll scrolly scroll.) There's improvement, but it's minor. I was wearing heels in December and flats yesterday. No danger of me binging or anything - I'm just having a bad hair day. I hate bad hair days!
Dec 22-side
Feb 5 - side
Dec 22 - back
Feb 5 - back






I had my eyebrows threaded once ... never again. Most painful thing ever - and I have tattoos on my chest and feet!
ReplyDeleteI do my own eyebrows and nails, so I'm no help to you! Because of hypothyroidism, my brows thinned a lot, but I pluck teh strays nightly while watchig TV, and that keeps them neat. I fill the rest with pencil.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the hair: PLAY IT. Seriously, just make sure you alter your makeup and clothes to suit the redness. Work it. That's how you play it when the color is not what you expected. Sometimes, that makes it work so well, you get compliments. :D Tell yourself you WANTED IT THAT RED and go work it! L)
And chorizo (I adore the stuff, cause, hey, Cuban!) is so salty. As can be any of those things--arepa (depending on fillngs), beans. Plus loads of starch there. Shoot, I'd be up 2-4 lbs just from salt. ; )
Later, buds.