207.0 this morning. I was down to 206.2 yesterday, but I made one of my old favorites for dinner, macaroni noodles, a can of tuna fish, mayo and dill.
I used to live on pasta. When I lived in Jordan (the country) I made this meal several times a week. Last night, the difference is that I measured the noodles. Exactly 1/2 cup uncooked = 210 calories. One can of tuna fish. One tablespoon of mayo. Lots of dill. 480 calories.
Even with that, my total calories for yesterday were 1253, which is completely reasonable. What was surprising is that I think the pasta gave me trouble sleeping. I also noticed last year when I drastically reduced my pasta intake, that pasta makes me gassy. Lots of fun reasons not to eat much of it!!
I'm a little stunned (in a good way) about the dude I met over the weekend. He grew up in Germany, is an engineer, is into music, is well respected in his company (=good communicator), and just moved to the US 6 months ago. In a big bonus, he's taller than me. It was a little more last-minute than I like, but he did bring dinner over Sunday, for our 3rd date in 2 days. This is 180 degrees different from all the other guys I encountered thru online dating. It's hard to explain, but I felt comfortable right from the beginning, and he says that he did too. He's in Iowa on business, returning Friday, and he says he's looking forward to getting together this weekend (me too!). I have no reason to believe it will happen, but I'm terrified that this one is going to evaporate. Really scared. I like this guy a lot. He makes me feel really good about being me.
Oh well. It's a good chance to practice mindfullness. My entire career is based on making things happen, so it's tough to recognize that I can't control this. It's been a problem for me in the past - me trying to control stuff that can't be controlled.
Time to come back to the 7 essential attitudes:
Nonjudging
Patience
Beginner's Mind
Trust
Nonstriving
Acceptance
Letting Go.
Peace out, y'all!
i love the "beginner's mind." I think that's why I crave change. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the man while he lasts - if you're worried about it ending at least. Everyday is something special, a reason to celebrate (but not with calories).
I'm excited that you've got this potential THING happening! Wooo!!!
I strongly suspect it was overloading on pasta that set me up for autoimmune flare-up in combo with some chemical exposures. I kept looking back at what happened when my immune system went berserk. One was going to a dietitian (during the lowfat high carb craze) who had me eating pasta A LOT...and I did..A LOT...and withing 6 months, my immune system went insane and I developed hypothyroidism. I suspect the gluten. Can't be sure, but I suspect.
ReplyDeleteI now will do rice pasta now and then, no gluten, but I still watch it, as pasta is supereasy to OVEREAT. :D I love the stuff.
My husband is of Germanic descent, is an engineer, and is very into music (he composes and he plays it and always is up for going to clubs and jamming in open sessions). If your dude is 1/3rd as amazing as my guy, you're gonna be ridiculously well-loved and happy. Fingers crossed. :D
On we go....learning and progressing...
I have a tough time with pasta. I never feel well afterward. Whole wheat is better but even so, I feel ill after I have it. Maybe a gluten thing.
ReplyDeleteWow! I hope the guy thing works out! I remember when my husband and I first met (online) and each meeting was so exciting! Each day we decided on a topic to discuss (by email) and on the days when we saw each other face to face it was like we actually knew each other a little better than before.
ReplyDeleteI'm crossing my fingers for you!