Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Taking the Day Off

I wanna take today off. 

My knees are feeling creaky from jumping up and down and running, and I've worked out every single day since last Wednesday.

I'm feeling so poopy at the unfairness of it all.  I ate some salty stuff on Saturday and Sunday and gained weight instantly (211 up to 213.8).  Instantly.  Here I am after 3 days of work and I've only got 1 pound of that gain back off.  I only had 1700 calories on Sunday!  It wasn't even that much!  It was still supposedly below my BMR (hah!).  I've been below 1200 cals every day since then.

Today we're having a working lunch and the boss is ordering pizza.  Can you tell that I want some???  In the fall when my body was letting go of weight easily, I could have a pizza-y carb day and not exercise for a day or two and my body would say, "sure thing, no problem," and lose weight.

But now I'm afraid to try.

Sigh.

OK.  Writing this has clarified what I'm going to do.  I'm going to take my standard lunch salad in and eat it first.  Then I'm going to have some pizza.  Since I eat breakfast around 10, I probably won't be very hungry at noon.  I'll try to stick to 1 piece and savor every morsel.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to drive 2 people to visit some vendors in Connecticut.  Leave the house at 6am to pick up the rental car.  Get home, probably around 8 pm.  I used to enjoy this kind of stuff, but I'm not looking forward to it.  At all.

1 comment:

  1. The salad first, pizza last sounds as if it would work, with a 1-piece limit. A life without pizza is not worth living, I always say. A day on the road? All day? I hope you have your healthy snack bag packed. That's a loooong day!

    ReplyDelete