209.8 this morning. Ten pounds away from Onederland!
I didn't really lose 13 pounds overnight. I added my real starting weight to MFP so that it'll show my loss from my actual highest weight a year ago. Sixty-six pounds gone, 53 of them in the last 5-1/2 months.
First stop: Onederland, and no longer obese
Next stop: 185, last decent weight I successfully maintained for years
Ultimate goal: 169, highest possible weight that's within normal range. I was 25 the last time I weighed this (21 years ago).
I ran C25K week 5 day 1 yesterday, which is 3x 5 minutes running with 3 minutes walking in between. I wanted to stop, but since everything felt OK except me not really wanting to run, I kept going. Week 5 day 2 is 2x 8 minutes running - yikes. Then week 5 day 3 is 20 minutes straight running, which feels like a mistake. I'm really supposed to go straight from 5 minutes to 8 minutes to 20 minutes of running??? Looks like I'll be repeating W5D2 a few times! What's not fun about running is that I'm constantly thinking about how long I've gone and how much to go. In order for it to work for me, I need to be diverted by something interesting, like on TV.
It'd be cool to run outside, maybe with my dog. It's tough to walk with her because she tries to take control when she sees another dog. I won't know if running is the same or different until I/we try it. I joined a meetup group that's people hiking with dogs, but so far all they've done a bunch of Adirondack mountains that require spiky footwear that I don't have. I want to start with something simple, so if my dog is a holy terror, it'll be easy for us to turn around and leave. They do something every weekend though, so I'll get out with them one of these days. Or I'd really like to find a field hockey team to play with. There's a corporate-league soccer team I could hook up with....(hm). Anything to make running a little more interesting.
I paid attention to your comments and contacted that fireman again. I think we'll get together for coffee/tea sometime. To be clear - my ex-husband is 10 years older than me and the other great love in my life was 15 years older, so I didn't mean to give the impression that older is awful. I was trying to go a different way, but it's true that I'm comfortable with maturity. It IS important to me that the dude be able to do physical things with me, like hiking and long walks (and the horizontal bop!!). I dated someone last year that was "only" 10 years older, but was severely limited because of a back problem. TaxMan is 13 years older, and also not physically able to be as active as I want. (!!).
Yeah, I'm being demanding (when true love comes along I probably won't care what he can or can't do), but I've worked too hard getting myself in better shape to flop down on the couch again. I did cancel the match subscription and am looking forward to getting away from the artificial lists that come from internet dating and back to the chemistry that comes from real life shared activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment