I used frequent flyer miles to fly from upstate NY to Oregon. That means that it was 3 flights: Albany, NY to Washington DC, DC to Phoenix and then Phoenix to Portland, OR. Miracle of miracles, there were no snow or rain storms and all three flights left on time, I made all the connections, my luggage arrived with me. It was a beautiful thing.
The third flight even had an empty seat between me and the lady on the aisle - which is where it gets interesting. You know how sometimes people can smell like they've been drinking a lot, like alcohol comes out of their pores? Well, she did. She was shaking her hands and moving her feet like she was extreemely tense, and I was hoping that someone would sit between us so whatever interesting stuff was going to happen would happen to someone else, not me. No such luck. First, she said that her first plane ride ever ended in a crash ... and the second one too. (yeah, uh huh), so she was hopped up on zanax and stuff. She said other stuff too that couldn't possibly be true, like she lived in Phoenix, but then later she said she lived in San Francisco.
Anyway, when the stewardess came around to offer drinks, this lady wanted a vodka cranberry but only had cash (and USAirways only takes credit cards). So she asked me to buy her a drink and gave me a $100 gift card from restaurant.com. Then she took back the gift card and gave me a $50 bill. I thought, great, now this lady is going to expect me to buy her $50 worth of booze, so I pretended to be asleep for the rest of the flight. She fell asleep too, or passed out. I wonder if she was going through some kind of withdrawal before she got the drink.
So now I have $50 that I didn't have before. I'm gonna take that money and go see if I can find any decent workout/yoga clothes that fit. It's hard to justify spending money because I DO have sweats, but since the money fell into my lap - I'll look at it as a gift.
I picked a mantra - up on the header of my blog. Thoughts become things - choose the good ones. It's not original - it's from Mike Dooley from http://www.tut.com/, and the phrase is registered to him. I'll figure out how to keep it somewhere on my page but give him credit, 'cause I like it!
Make good choices all!
Hurrah! I'm excited to see you on the new E2E challenge! I'd feel kinda weird about the cash. But hey... new yoga pants. Go you! :)
ReplyDelete