So I went shopping at my favorite store, the Salvation Army. It's better than it sounds because this store is in an upscale neighborhood, meaning I've found several Ralph Lauren shirts and sweaters, Nine West shoes, etc, etc. Lots of nice stuff for cheap (which is a plus if I only wear it for a few months before it's too big). Today I got 2 skintight pairs of jeans (Just My Size size 20, Bill Blass size 18) and a pair of size 16 Levis that I can't even pull up my legs, much less zip. I got a semi-tight dress too, and a tight skirt and a small sweater.
And I picked out the book. It's called eating the moment: 141 mindful practices to overcome overeating one meal at a time, by Pavel Somov. It'll continue the mindfulness practice I started during the Christmas Dress Challenge that's been so radically helpful to my sanity.
I took pictures of me in the pants, dress and skirt and put the book on my Amazon wish list to buy the second I get into the challenge. I'm all set. Just in case (fingers crossed).
Here's my fat ass shoehorned into one pair of the jeans (the size 20). Yes, I am standing funny. These jeans just cry for 3-inch heels and I'm not used to them!
Interestingly, it looks like my bum is getting smaller, but my shoulders are getting bigger, making me more balanced. I'll post pics of the rest of the clothes another day.
I can't get over how different you look NOW compared to just 3 months ago. EXCELLENT!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm really appreciating the effort you put into the pics, itemm, and choosing a book. Hence, you're in! I love proactive gumption!
Says the woman who needs to wean off the salt. I've been on a sodium blast for 3 days. Feta, olives--Greeky stuff. Not good for the bloat. And I wanna look nice Xmas. :D
Later
I love those shoes!!! I cant wear heels because Im the same heigth as my hubs. (And Id fall and break my neck). BUT for some reason, I have a hankering to find a pair!!!
ReplyDelete