229.4 this morning, showing that the higher weight yesterday was probably closer to my true weight. I didn't work out yesterday other than messing around with weights and the ball while watching TV right before bed. At lunch today I'm going to go to the gym and do weight stuff, and do the exercise bike a bit.
Here's a quote from Weighty Matters that I like a lot. He's talking about New Year's Resolutions, and says pick ones that you like:
Weight wise, the more weight you want to permanently lose, the more of your lifestyle you're going to have to permanently change. Trying to adopt changes you don't like is a sure fire way to ensure that they're not going to be permanent.
So this year, resolve to like them. Analyze each and every resolution through the lens of, "Can I keep happily keep living this way"? Because if you can't do it happily, you're probably not going to keep doing it.
I love this guy! He makes so much sense!
I've been keeping my measurements on a piece of paper and in FitDay, because MFP doesn't have the detail I like. But I'm worried that I'll lose them. So here are my measurements (the number in parenthesis is inches lost from the beginning).
9/3/2011 start
Waist 42.5
Neck 15.5
Bicep 15
Forearm 12
Chest 38
Hips 54
Thigh 30.5
Calf 19
10/7/2011
Waist 38.75 (-3.75)
Neck 14.5 (-1)
Bicep 15
Forearm 12
Chest 37 (-1)
Hips 52 (-2)
Thigh 28.25 (-2.25)
Calf
11/15/2011
Waist 37 (-5.5)
Neck 14 (-1.5)
Bicep 14 (-1)
Forearm 12
Chest 36.5 (-1.5)
Hips 50.5 (-3.5)
Thigh 28.5 (-2)
Calf 18.25 (-.75)
I'm feeling a little bit of a letdown because I'm not going to hit another big milestone by the end of the CDCC or the end of the year. I'm focused on getting below 200 which will take MONTHS. I need to back off and think about hitting 225, then 220, then 215, etc, etc. in small steps. Even though nobody has said anything, I've noticed guys at the firehouse being a little nicer to me, and I imagine that it's because I'm looking healthier and more fit (and acting more confidently as a result). I can't wait until I'm at my goal and I look really good. It feels a little like I'm in limbo now, while my body is changing. Logically I know that's not true, that my life is happening every day and every day is an opportunity to live in the moment, but it still feels like my world is on Pause.
I need to keep remembering that this is a good time for me! And enjoy every minute of it! Oh well - off to work out.
Ta - girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment