Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fifty!

My highest weight was 276 in the summer of 2010.  This morning I weighed myself at 225.6.

I'm 50 pounds down.

It's been easy, really.  So far.  The first 12 pounds went over a year and the next 38 went in the last 3-1/2 months.  I haven't struggled, except with planning meals and exercise.  There have been no existential issues - "I don't know why the french fries keep ending up in my mouth."  None of that.  It's like after years of knowing what needed to be done and NOT doing it, years of knowing how to take care of myself and choosing not to, something inside me finally decided to choose to take care of myself.

I'm about halfway done.  To be not overweight, I'll lose another 56 pounds and be under 170.  I've written here that I'll probably settle at 185, which is the lowest weight I was able to maintain without difficulty (in 1997).  I can't get my head around losing over 100 pounds, so I'm just going to focus on the next 10 right now. 

I'm so glad you folks are doing this with me!  Let's keep going, shall we?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching such a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THats awesome!! Congrats!!!!!! Keep the goals small!! And you will get to your ultimate goal!!

    ReplyDelete