Monday, December 26, 2011

Day After Christmas

Hope everyone had a Christmas that was happy and full of joy!

In my family, we give gifts that are not expensive - but we give a LOT of them, and open one person at a time, round and round until we're through.  My 6-year old niece lost interest about 2/3 of the way through.  I guess there IS such a thing as too many presents!

The exercise room in my sister's development is close to her place and has plenty of equipment.  It was easy to skip out for an hour yesterday to take care of my exercising business, and relatively easy to stay away from the eggnog (although I did fall into some fudge).  I logged it all though, and was around 1600-1700 for the day, including some great hard cider.  I haven't found a scale yet, but mom says there's one in the garage I can use.

The last week before I left was the only week since I started keeping track in September that I had a gain.  I was 223.6 a week ago, and 227.0 early Saturday morning before I left to get on the plane.  I did all the right stuff with eating and exercise last week (I possibly didn't eat enough on a few days), so I think I'm hitting a plateau, not really gaining.  My goal was to be at 224 at the end of the year, which is possible although I won't know for sure until I get back to my home scale.

I suspect losing next year is going to be MUCH more difficult than this past fall.  I lost 34 pounds with the CDCC, but I"m suspecting that I'll struggle to lose 25 pounds with E2E.  That's OK.  25-ish pounds will get me to Onederland!  Woo hoo!  That's going to be the weight goal for E2E.  Other goals will be waist and hip measurements and some workout goals, like be halfway through C25K so I can run (actually run) a 5K by Memorial Day, or number of pushups or chinups, or actually complete Jillian Michaels 30DS.

I'm still thinking through what the actual goals will be, but I'm enjoying seeing and feeling my muscles.  I recognize that a muscular me will weigh more than a non-muscular me, and I want to de-emphasize weight as the ultimate goal in favor of health and ability to DO stuff, or possibly use pants size as the ultimate measure.  As I wrote - still thinking through that.

Anyway - me and the tight pants I brought with me are going to go on our merry way for now.  Make good choices all!

2 comments:

  1. My hat is off to you for exercising on Christmas Day. And let's just ignore the fudge incident. (I had a cookie incident.) I'm trying to get my focus for the E2E. Winter is a great time for a challenge and I'm sure we all can use the extra support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My issues to be exactly. I don't want to be tied to the scale because I know I have much more muscle then I use to and to lose the last few pound is really going to be an issue but as long as the inches are going I'll be happy.
    Good luck Jordan with our new next challenge. I know you'll do awesome.
    Take care and enjoy your week. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete