Thursday, February 16, 2012

E2E Midweek Update

208.4 this morning

I really thought things were getting better (and they probably are - somewhere).  I had composed a happy blog post about how things were looking up.  But then this morning the boiler that provides heat and hot water for my house stopped working.

Happy:
My car didn't cost as much to fix as I had feared. 
I got a little assertive with someone that's been a major source of my financial anxiety for several months
I have a week off from EMT class.

Sad:
We didn't fix anything on my car.  Just confirmed that it won't strand me.  I'll live with all the flashing lights on the dashboard.
The major source of my anxiety is going to cost me $1700 that I don't have and it still won't stop the bleeding, until the jerk does his job.
I have no heat or hot water because my boiler is broken!!!

I'm back in emergency mode.  I hate emergency mode.  Especially in the middle of winter. Extra especially when it's going to cost me alot of money on top of all the other things that cost me money that I already didn't have 3 emergencies ago.  I don't have many other things that CAN go wrong that haven't already.

Thanks for listening to me vent.  It has to get better one of these days.

3 comments:

  1. It seems to be one of those days. I just did a post and had nothing to say, really. We must all be bored with winter. Help - need sunlight!

    So sorry about the boiler. Do you have a fireplace or any other source of heat? Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jordan, I am so sorry. You can vent anytime. You guys listen to me all the time. I wish I could help you somehow but other then praying things work out for you I think that's about all. What are you using for heat? We have boiler also but ours runs on wood/coal and fuel oil if we could afford that. I hope you are staying warm.
    Take care my friend and have a blessed evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having stuff we routinely rely on--cars, appliances, roofs--not work is one heckuva a stressor. I'm sorry it's a double whammy. Cars, especially, freak me. Flashing lights = adrenals pumping...

    We went a few months once as newlyweds with no water heater (couldn't afford to fix)..in winter. But Florida winter, while it can get chilly some weeks, even near freezing a day or two, freezing rarely, is not as bad as UP NORTH. Yowza!!! I remember those frigid 5 am showers before work...shivering. But up north, I'd have died, died, died. I guess boiling is the only option....

    Girl, I hope life calms down and things work for you. Maybe a miracle car healing? :) One can dream...

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete