Sunday, February 12, 2012

E2E Update

I've got so many things going on during the week that it was a treat that my plans this weekend include a whole lotta nothing.  We had EMT class Friday night and a test on airways, but I was home by 9 and haven't left since.  I may make it through the entire weekend without leaving the house.  If I leave the house, it will be to go to the firehouse to use the treadmill or to go on a call.

Yesterday I - slept late, piddled my way through breakfast (2 eggs scrambled with onion, broccoli, spinach, hot capicola and 1 ounce of cheddar cheese), went shopping in my closets again, rearranged the closets, did 30 minutes on the elliptical while watching Glee on Netflix, showered, hot oil treatment for hair, watched more netflix while polishing all my black shoes, ate dinner, bed.  Lunch was mixed greens salad with feta, sunflower seeds and spicy nuts.  Dinner was beef stew reheated.

When I went shopping in my closets this time, it was for clothes to get rid of because they're too big. (Last few times it was to see how many too-small clothes now fit.) I used to wear business suits to work, so I made a stack of pants, jackets, shirts to donate to one of those charity organizations that give interview suits to ladies.  Here's the stack.  It filled a box 2 x 2 x 3 ft high and is now in the back of my car.  Now my closets are full (less full than before) of clothes that fit!  What a concept.



Today, I'm going to clean the kitchen and get other aspects of the house under control. More piddling, but last few weekends I've been so gobsmacked that all I wanted to do was lay down.  This weekend I feel good enough to get things accomplished.  Maybe I'm getting used to the EMT class schedule.

Weight: 211.2 (it was lower yesterday, as usual)
Waist: 35 (finally, a change)
Hips: 47 (finally, a change)
Thigh: 28

Last week weight: 212.4 (1.2 pounds lost, plus 2 pounds gained and lost)
Waist: 37
Hips: 47-1/2
Thigh: 28


Book: not this week
Support: I supported more than 3, but not all and supported my buddy by commenting on her posts.
Exercise: 5/7 days for >30 minutes
Food:  did well this week.


I think I'm going to cancel the match.com subscription.  People are flaky.  One little wrong thing and poof.  For example:  I've been emailing with one guy for 2+ weeks now.  In the second email he said, let's meet and I said OK. Except that it takes him 2-3 days to email me back and he always emails at 3am. (not a good sign in my book, a guy that only emails at 3am).  Another guy wrote that he'd call Wednesday night around 8 and I wrote that I'd be in class then.  Could he call at 9:30-10 or on Thursday.  Haven't heard from him since. I've spoken twice with him and was looking forward to meeting him.  A third guy, a volunteer fireman from another department is 60 (14 years older than me), and shorter than me.  I've been half-assedly answering his emails but not putting any effort into it.  That's what I mean about flaky.  Internet dating drives me nuts.  It's not adding anything good to my life right now.  Blurgh!

Thoughts become things ... choose the good ones!

5 comments:

  1. You're week looks good and contrats on the loss of pound and inches!! Maybe that short older fireman be be nice to meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give the firefighter a chance. You're starting with something important in common. And Husband is a lot older than me. I definitely recommend it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great waist change!!!!!

    I still have so many of my old clothes, adn I've given away tons...but I think I saturated the closets of the heavy gals in the family, so these will go to charity. :) Some still have the tags, as I was always on the quest for what might look good on my huge bod and always being unsatisfied. It's great to have clothes be TOOOO BIG!!

    Find the "real life" guy. You get to know him in context--work, home, friends, and that will tell you waht he's REALLY like...too easy to lie on computers.

    Be well this week, buddy, and keep whittling the waist and thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me inches are almost better than pounds. I know inches will make my clothes look better and that's what others see not the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck this week Jordan. You are doing great. Inches lost are awesome. The scale is staying the same for me but the measuring tape is liking me. So some loss is good loss.
    Take care and yeah for donating to where they need to go.
    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete