I'm so excited about starting a new challenge!
Starting information:
Weight: 222 (on mom's scale. I'll update on Sunday when I get back to my scale)
Waist: 36
Hips: 48
Thigh: 28
Just started C25K week 2 runs
Been doing Jillian Michaels 30DS workout 1
Goals:
Weight: <200 - onederland! No longer obese
Finish C25K program - 14 weeks to do an 8-week program = do-able
Sign up for a 5K (this may be difficult as April is early in upstate NY) - I want to run 2 races this year - run, not walk
Finish Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
Do 3 mindful practices from the book every week
Meditate every day, even if it's just a mindful meal
Work out for 30 minutes most days - PUSH myself
Blog every day
Support my buddy and other challenge bloggers
Book: Eating the Moment: 141 Mindful Practices to Overcome Overeating One Meal at a Time, by Pavel Somov
My biggest challenges:
The hardest things for me are going to be PUSHING myself physically and meditating every day.
When I work out, I tend to try something and then stop when it gets hard. It's not terrible. I can feel myself getting stronger - but I'm not challenging myself enough. I've thought of a couple ways to get better at this. First, I'm going to make a chart with goals and report to y'all every day on progress. Next, I may possibly try to find someone to help in real life. I'm thinking about asking someone from the fire department to lift weights with me. May, may not. My sister did crossfit for a while and sent me several of their workouts. I'd love to have a trainer to push me, but don't have the money.
I view meditating as something that I get to do after everything else is done, so I rarely get to it. I need to make that a priorirty and will put it on the chart that I'll report on. This is important! When I make this a bigger part of my life, everything else will get better.
Here are my challenge pants! They're size 16 Levis and you can see that I can't even get them on now.
Gotta run - I'm using my sister's computer and it's time to get off. Talk to y'all soon!
Edit:
need to add some required things -
Guiding quote: Thoughts become things - choose the good ones
Buddy: I'm not sure yet - will edit again when I know (Maybe it's Eaba?) (note: I'll be in planes all day Sunday, coming back east)
I commit to comment on at least 3 blogs per week - yay! Looking forward to supporting you guys and being supported.
I vow to NOT QUIT! Most people don't get this opportunity to turn their lives around with all this structure and support, and I'm going to make the best of it!
Good luck, Jordan. I just know you will meet those goals. I wish you the best!
ReplyDeleteOh, gonna be so happy when those jeans fit!
ReplyDeleteit's amazing how bodies are structured with such variety. You're a pear. I'm an apple. My waist is so close in size to yours, but I'm 40 lbs less. You carry in hips/thighs/butt, I carry in torso (upper and belly) and have no butt to speak of. hahahah.
Pears, avocadoes, apples, and I guess oranges, too, along with the bananas (those skinny folks!)
Happy challenging. I totally believe you'll do amazing and hit Onederland.
Looking forward to seeing you fit those jeans!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you!
You're my buddy! How you wanna do the buddy thing?
ReplyDeleteThe jeans will look so nice at the end of this challenge, I just know it! Your body shape is great for jeans as it is. Nice rounded thighs... I have skinny arms and legs compared to my middle and jeans always look like crap on me. Not to mention that I have no ass to fill them out!
ReplyDeleteAs for taking time to meditate, lets make it a priority right up there with exercise. Our mental health is as important as our physical health.
I will be following you close!
I like that book choice. I will need to read it sometime. Yet I will be checking in on you to see how you like it. To wear you some jeans is an all American goal. You go girl!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!! Your goals are great and those jeans will so cute on you. You'll do this. Mediation is hard, for me almost impossible but a learning experience all the same. You can do this, I know that you can.
ReplyDeleteTake care and have a blessed new year!!
Another wannabe runner, and I think we will DO IT! This challenge will get us there.
ReplyDeleteJordan, thanks for your offer of the CD. I would love to borrow it, or purchase it from you if you don't need it any more. You can email me at my gmail address at cookiesaregone and we can work out the details.
You'll get those jeans on! You got the plan in place so you just need to do it & we'll be here to cheer ya on:-)
ReplyDelete