I think I'll follow the example of a few others and name my posts by day number. This challenge started yesterday, so that was day 1. Today's weight, 258. No change from yesterday.
Yesterday was challenging and I didn't quite succeed in eating well or exercising. Friends of mine invited me to a turkey dinner. They were hankering for Thanksgiving, so they had one. I knew I wasn't going to want to exercise later, so I took the dog for a walk before I went over. I could only fit in 15 minutes, but it's better than 0 minutes! Optimistically, I thought I'd do a pilates DVD in the evening, which didn't happen. (Heck, I was so tired when I got home that I forgot to take out the trash, remembering when I woke up at 3:30 am. And I had to actually take it out right then, too, because the trash peeps come at 5:30 am. and I'd missed it for several weeks in a row. Stinky!)
Anyway, I managed to stay away from the macaroni and cheese and the stuffing and the creamed onions (yay me!), but had a buttload of turkey and mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes and some veggies and cranberry sauce. And I had a few beers over the course of the afternoon. The calories would have been within my plan if I hadn't had the beer, or had only one, or had limited the sweet potatoes (but they were Sooo good!). Yesterday calories - 1731.
Here's the poopy, not-so-good thing. Last night I made sure I had exercise clothes clean, ready, packed, and sitting next to my work bag. When I moved my work bag to put in all the healthy food I'd prepared this morning, I forgot about the other bag. So I'm at work and my exercise clothes are at home. Rats! I was going to work out at lunch! Poop!
Weekday evenings are stinky for working out because I've got so much going on. Mondays are fire drill nights (tonight we get our annual physical). Tuesday is obedience training for the dog (which I'm going to cut short so I can start a meditation-based stress reduction class in 3 weeks - yay!). Wednesday is golf, which counts for exercise because we walk the course. I'm usually pretty frazzled by Thursday.
I'm really enjoying reading all your blogs about how you fit in your exercise time, 'cause you've all got busy lives too! I could definitely use some pointers there.
Anyway - I'll get in 1/2 hour of exercise today somehow, even if it's just crunches, pushups, etc, etc. on the carpeted floor here at work. It's really important to me that I make daily exercise a habit.
Have a great day, all!
Even though you didn't fall under your calories, keep going! You can do this! Get in that exercise wherever you can. Even if it is just a walk around the building, it is better than nothing.
ReplyDelete