Over the last week, excuses to not exercise have been sneaking up on me. I let them get the better of me last week and skipped 3 workouts. So I started switching it up. Instead of a DVD (where I have to make decisions as the dude or gal is jumping around on screen, "am I going to do this move?" And I start doing moves less and less enthusiastically), I changed back to the elliptical (where I can just mindlessly do it, tunes blasting in my ears, no decisions). I like the idea of having exercise options!
Since Saturday I've been doing it in the morning, shortly after I got up. Monday was tough, but I did it. I knew last night that I wouldn't be able to make myself get up this morning to exercise, so I packed the bag and put it right next to the door, thinking I'd do it at lunchtime or after work at the work gym. (Never mind that I'm supposed to meet Mr OKCupid Tax Man after work. I thought that something would happen and I'd magically look great right after working out. Ha!)
Anyway - just as I was getting ready to leave the house this morning, we got a call for a traffic accident and I went. I got back to the house an hour later, and hurrying to get to work only an hour late, I stepped right over my workout bag without noticing (and forgot to take out the trash).
So now I'm at work sans exercise clothes. If I work out at all today, it will be around dinnertime, after I meet taxman. Rats! I don't like leaving things until the last minute. I'll look at this as an opportunity to develop another workout option. Someway, somehow. If I have to work out at dinnertime, that's what I'll do.
Scale this morning, 250.4, which is 0.6 down from yesterday. I went to fire drill last night, but it was no fun at all. There were 2 new guys, and our loudmouth was showing them around - something that nobody did for me when I was new. I can't think about that stuff, all it does is piss me off. When I found out that they were going to have pizza again, I went home. I made a juice with red cabbage, carrots, lemon, lime, ginger, apples and a pear and was drinking it when we got another call for a fire at Burger King. Since I knew there were already 10+ people at the firehouse, I didn't bother going.
I agree 100% with Nanette who wrote today about how nice it is to have you guys around. I'm writing stuff in this blog that I think about, but don't normally tell people because it feels ... self-centered. I love to see y'alls progress pictures - keep 'em coming, and I think I may post some myself next week.
Great job staying flexible, and adjusting to stuff! Fire stations are sort of notorious for being snack cities aren't they? Awesome job at going for the juice instead, that sounds incredibly healthy.
ReplyDeleteI loved Nanette's post, too. It's our blogs, they're sort of necessarily self-centered I think. Whatever we need to talk about to keep on this we should... and often we find that other people think and feel the same things too!