I never did get that half hour of exercise in yesterday, although I did mess around with the big ball after fire drill doing some core exercises and some leg exercises in front of the TV. Work was crazy yesterday and I ended up working through lunch, so, there ya have it. Food was good though. I stayed on plan, made a juice for dinner last night, and even though I wasn't technically hungry, I didn't feel like the juice was enough and had 1/2 cup of cottage cheese before bed.
I dreamed about toast with butter and cinnamon sugar. If I still want it badly tonight, I'll make myself a piece.
But this morning when I got on the scale it was 255! Three pounds lost since yesterday!! I didn't believe it, so I weighed again and got 255.4. The jigsaw pattern I've been seeing over the past few weeks means it'll likely go back up a little before it comes down again, but what a rush to see that!
**
I'm a real math-y geeky person, one of those types that doesn't take accepted wisdom at face value. I'll be the one that looks for the scientific paper (or, since I'm lazy, I'll find a blogger who reads and posts on the science). I've been like this forever, but it's only been in the last few years that blogs have gotten popular and common, and it's been easy to be well informed. I started with homestead-y, farm-y blogs, blogs about wool, spinning and knitting. Then moved into blogs about my city in upstate NY. Then blogs about weight loss science and paleo nutrition. And now, lots of wonderful weight loss blogs written by people like me who are creating a new future! My google reader has over 100 blogs on it these days.
One blog that I'm liking more and more is by a doctor in Canada, called Weighty Matters. He wrote a post yesterday called, Does what hand you eat with affect your weight? (link above) about an article about persistent habits. The experiment had several groups eating awful, stale movie theater popcorn, at the movies, in a meeting room, or with the non-dominant hand. The group that ate with their non-dominant hand ate less, presumably because they had to focus on eating instead of doing it mindlessly. (I can totally relate to mindlessly eating too much awful movie popcorn. Done that plenty of times!)
I thought it was an interesting blog post, and worth passing along. Take a look!
I didnt get my 30 in yesterday either :( but am def. doing it today!! 3 lbs in one day?? tell me your secret lol. That blog sounds interesting Im going to have to check it out and start eating with my other hand haha. Have a good day and hopefully you have some down time today to get that exercise in.
ReplyDeleteI read fewer than I used to, but I do have some of my faves I check daily (or nearly). Some I like so much, I am disappointed when they don't post eVERY DAY. :)
ReplyDeleteHaving bloggy companions on the journey is...well...really encouraging. Blogging did for me what WW and dietitians and Nutrisystem and Raw Vegan and Food delivery, etc, couldn't. For some folks, this is the way we get motivated and inspired. :D
Happy fourth day!