Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 4 - Wednesday

I expected the scale to go up today because it had gone down so much yesterday.  Still, I was bummed to see that I'm up 1.2 pounds to 256.2.   It's OK.  I was good food-wise and exercise-wise yesterday, and I've got good food together for today.  Keep on truckin'.

I stopped at the grocery store yesterday to get juicing stuff (trying a new juice with beet greens, strawberries, an apple, a pear and coconut water), and couldn't resist buying scallops and shrimp.  Last night's dinner was ~1/2 pound of scallops cooked with 2 cloves of minced garlic and 4 pieces of chopped bacon, cooked soft.  I thought it would be huge calories and was prepared to break it up into multiple servings, but when I put the recipe into MFP, I had the cals available, so I ate the whole thing! 

I'm so glad that I can eat within my calories (1370) and not feel deprived!  It's stunning, really, how full you can get and still be within calories when eating at home, but at a restaurant it's so freakin' easy to go over.  After about 2 weeks of tracking everything, my stomach has adjusted to less food.  I feel good!  Thank you, bloggy pals!!

Today is 9 holes of golf after work (the last of the season).  I've already checked and pulling the cart is huge exercise, so it should make up for the dinner that we'll have afterward!  I'm going to have the pre-made juice right before golf, so I don't hit a wall.  This is only my second time playing golf this year.  Somehow, the fatter I am, the less interested I've been in doing the "work" of golf.

I called the meditation center and signed up for a stress reduction meditation class starting in October.  I'd talked to them a few times over the last 9 months, but somehow wasn't "able" to fit it into my schedule until now.  At the end of our conversation she said, "I'm glad you called back," and I almost started crying.  I'm SO not used to doing things where I take care of myself and SO not used to having anyone else care one way or the other what I do.

Have a good day, all!

1 comment:

  1. Well it sounds like you're well on your way in to learning how to do things to take care of yourself. That class sounds amazing! I've been wanting to take a class similar to something like that. You're doing so well!

    -w0rld

    ReplyDelete