Are my toenails. Got the pedicure last night. Then home to make crabcakes and broccoli for dinner. I had 700-ish calories left, not including cals from exercise, so I had 4 small crabcakes and butter on the broccoli and a piece of dark chocolate for dessert. I modified the crabcake recipe to take out the breadcrumbs and most of the mayonnaise, but 4 was enough to make me very full.
Up again this morning to 250.8. I really, really, really want to bust that 250 pound barrier. I did work out yesterday, 20 min on the elliptical plus 20 or so minutes on the weights. If there is such a thing as "settling point," then 250 pounds is one for me. Last time I tried, 2 years ago, I couldn't break through 250 before I gave up. If I can get through 250, then my next settling point is at 235, which is my goal for the CDCC and the end of this year at 230 (hopefully).
There's a raft of opportunities to overeat coming up. Lunchtime today is the health and safety fair at my factory, where there'll be grilled chicken, baked potato, baked beans, dessert, ice cream, etc, etc available. Then I'm having dinner with someone from OKCupid at a middle eastern restaurant. Then tomorrow is the beer meetup group after work.
I spent some time this morning thinking about how best to enjoy myself and do as little damage to my weight loss as possible. Here's what I came up with: I'm skipping the health fair food and sticking with my mesclun lunch salad today. I'm going to work out twice tomorrow on the elliptical, and twice on Saturday and Sunday (or for 40 minutes instead of 20 on the elliptical). I'll not go overboard tonight at dinner, and have a few small beers and some wings tomorrow. I keep feeling my quads and feeling how they're more muscular than they were even a week ago - it feels great!
Outside of tomorrow evening, I don't have plans for the rest of the weekend (except for fire drill Saturday morning), so it runs the chance of being like last weekend where I sat home bored and lonely. (Although I did read the first Twilight book - a fast read!) I have yard work to do, but that doesn't help with the not-alone part. I'll have to think about this today. Maybe TaxMan wants to do something, or the Young Professor, who I'm having dinner with tonight (he's 29), or maybe there will be folks hanging out at the firehouse. I don't want to spend time with people just to be not alone, because then I feel drained. Something to work on. How to actively get my needs met without sitting around and hoping that magically something will happen, like I did last weekend.

Yay on the pedicure! Another quick YA trilogy is the Hunter Games, I really liked it and finished it in like two days while sick. :) Hope you have a great weekend, all your thinking makes me think too- it's inspiring!
ReplyDelete