Saturday, November 26, 2011

I Was Good Until I Wasn't

I'm smacking myself right now. 

Foodwise, I did OK on Thanksgiving.  I fell down on the drinks though.  I didn't say NO when I was offered malibu rum and orange juice, or a few after that, and didn't say no to the eggnog cocktails either.  So when I was up 1-1/2 pounds the day after Thanksgiving, I wasn't surprised.  I watched what I ate carefully and replaced one meal with cucumber/kale/apple/ginger juice and exercised, and this morning a pound of the gain was back off.  Yay for 230.8.

But 3 of us made plans to go 4-wheeling today - and wow - it turned out to be a great day!  I ellipticalled for 20 minutes this morning and had 3 fried eggs before I left, so I felt pretty good.  I wore a pair of pants that I *thought* were semi-attractive (and met the condition of being junky enough to get muddy).

Here's me before we left.  I felt great, but now that I look at the picture, I see that either the pants do me no favors, or once again, I'm not as thin as I think I am.  Bleh!

We stopped for lunch and I totally went for the gusto and had a cheeseburger and some Bud Light.  Here's where we went.  It's in upstate NY near the Mass state line looking west at the Catskill Mountains. 

Then we came back and I was pushing it a little more and going faster through the puddles.  This last picture is supposed to show that everything is wet and dirty, compared to the beginning where it was clean and dry.  (They made fun of me because my quad was so clean!)  All I can see in this picture is that my pants are falling down.  Bleh!  I wish I had stood on the ground instead of on the quad, and I wish I had adjusted my shirt.

Then we hung around for a little while at the house and I had 2 hot dogs and more eggnog drink.

It was a great day, but did I even try to stay moderately in control?  No.  I did not.

This will probably take several days to recover from.  I'll get back on track tomorrow.  Heck, I'm back on track now.  It's going to happen, but it's not an excuse to fall off the wagon.  That's the positive thing I can take from it.  That, and the great ride we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment