Sunday, September 11, 2011

CDCC Start

I'm SO excited to be starting this challenge!

My starting weight: 258
My goal weight for the challenge: 235 (23 pounds in 14 weeks)

I save too-small clothes that I like.  Not all of them.  Just the favorites. They represent me at weights all the way to 100 pounds thinner than I am now.  A few years ago, I went through all of them and paperclipped a piece of paper with what my weight had to be, and then organized them in, maybe 2-3 totes by weight.  There was the 150-200 tote.  The 200-220 tote. The 230-235 tote.  My goal is to go into that 230-235 tote and pull out that pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans that make my butt look great and shimmy into those bad boys.  And the velvet jacket.  In fact, I'm going to see if I can do it now and get a starting picture.  Hang on.

Here's the jacket and the pants.  I can put both on, but can't move my arms forward, and can't sit down.

Here's a side pic with the muffin top and the bootay.


I'm going to use MyFitnessPal to track my calories, 1370 per day, using exercise to earn extra calories if I want to eat more.  I plan to blog daily (or at least most days).

I think I'm going to use Radical Self-Care for Weight Loss for Life by Alice J Brown.  It's about looking at core beliefs and learning how to take care of the self, thus removing the need to eat so much.  I just bought the last copy from Amazon.


I plan to do 30 minutes of exercise a day of different exercise, walking/jogging on the treadmill, walking the dog, weightlifting on the machines or with free weights, or a DVD (step, pilates, Jillian Michaels shred, or Power 90).


I drink 60 ounces of water every day now, and I'm going to try and up that to 96 by filling my big tea cup with water after I've finished the tea and drinking it down.


I think that's all I need to post for today?


Sooo - I walked in a 5K yesterday.  My work wanted a sea of company T-shirts at this thing, and several people said they'd be walking, so I signed up, thinking that a group of us would walk it while chatting, something I've done with a prior company.  At the last minute before I left the house, I grabbed my earpieces, which is a good thing because when the horn went off everybody started jogging/running, except for a few of us (and nobody I knew).  All the walkers race-walked faster than me, so I came in about 3rd from last.  Ugh.  What a wakeup call!  I'm annoyed, mostly with myself because it was a race after all and somehow I thought it was going to be a leisurely walk.  I didn't think I was THAT out of shape, but come on - almost last?? I came in after people pushing strollers, after people I thought were heavy.  One of the only guys I beat was walking with a cane.  Again, ugh.


Then I went to help my old fire department get ready for a rummage sale next week.  They invited me to a turkey dinner today, and we ended up grocery shopping at Aldi and WalMart.  Yeah, so, it was mid-afternoon and I got some cheesesticks and General Tso's chicken at the WalMart deli, and ate SOME of it.  When I put it into MyFitnessPal, it was incredible how many calories that was.  It wasn't all that tasty either, and made me feel a little ill.  Calorie total yesterday - 1900.  The only thing that saved me from yesterday being terrible was that hour of walking I did in the morning.


My plan for today's turkey dinner, which will have mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, and macaroni and cheese is to stick with turkey and potatoes.  I'll let you know how it goes!

12 comments:

  1. HEY!! Congrats on finishing that 5K!!!! There is NO shame as long as you did the best you could!!! You now have a goal for the next one!! To finish 2 minutes faster. Set goals and work towards them!! Dont hang your head!!!
    In 14 weeks youll have a before and after picture!! You will be amazed!! and so thankful!! Work hard! Looking forward to this journey with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job walking the 5K!! I wouldn't have been able to do even that. Good luck with the challenge. I can't wait to see the "after" picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you FINISHED! Just remember it is not how fast you are...the finish line is the same for everyone.

    Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya on not being able to move your arms. I have several cute tops and jackets like that. I love the color of this one! Good luck and I look forward to seeing you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on doing the 5k! And lovely jacket. I have some piles of clothing of various sizes too. It's kind of a funny, emotional thing to revisit them, isn't it? Good motivators though! Best of luck with the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I consider finishing a win.....the last one in covers the same distance as the first and is a ste along the pathway. I have also saved my clothes but not organized them.....I may need to do that. Thanks for the idea and looking forward to seeing you in the outfit at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You finished, that's a WIN!!! You will look amazing at Christmas time in that velvet jacket. It's beautiful. You're beautiful. Good luck.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry about the 5k! I'm dying to sign up for one and you already did it! That's an awesome jacket and I can't wait to see how great it's going to look in December!

    -w0rld

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute jacket and I know you will do great especially with the support fro others.I as well use myfitnesspal if you would like more support feel free to look me up on there kimc216. WE CAN DO THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were able to finish the race. That's success! Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got your wakeup call, and now you have a PLAN in place to get that jacket back! And the jeans!

    Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the 5k, I did come in last on my first one so don't feel bad... you voluntarily did one & finished so that's all that matters... your next one will be better:-)

    ReplyDelete