Did great foodwise yesterday and exercise-wise. Ate 1210 calories and exercised for roughly an hour, C25K W1D3 and some free weights at lunchtime. I had put some new shoe inserts to support my arches in my cheap new shoes, and they made my feet hurt even more. So much that I took the inserts out mid-workout. Then last night I realized that I got a huge honking blister from the cheap shoes and stinkin inserts. Note to self - don't cheap out on exercise footwear.
Went back to work sweaty and ukky after yesterday's workout, so this afternoon I think I'll try the gym at the end of the day instead of lunchtime for a nonimpact not-so-sweaty workout. Plus, I have to meet the boiler repairman at my house at lunchtime, so no WO at lunch today.
This morning's scale only showed a 0.2 pound drop, to 260.0. Just don't give up. I know I'm doing the right thing. It's only been a few days of consistent eating well and working out, and I feel SO much better already.
I'm thinking about what book I want to use for the CDCC challenge. I've heard in therapist-speak that a "fear can be a wish," meaning, I think, that sometimes what we fear, when we peel away all the layers of consciousness to get at what's really inside, it's something we desire (even though we think we don't want it). I want to explore that more. It continues my rambling from yesterday that even though I fear dying fat and alone, somehow I never arranged my life to change either of those (until now - yay! (at least for the fat part)).
I noticed the other day that I frequently visualize my financial future (ie that I've done the right stuff and can retire when I want to), but don't visualize myself being with a guy when I retire or visualize myself being at a healthy weight. Kinda telling, huh! I wanna stop at a bookstore on the way home from work and see what they have, so that I can work through the whole "fear is a wish" thing, and when my outside is gorgeous and healthy, my inside will be as well!
"Just don'nt give up" for sure. :) You're doing great and feeling better is so important. The scale will get with the program soon I bet!
ReplyDelete