Sunday, October 9, 2011

CDCC Check in - Shopping in the Closet

I was SO busy at work on Friday, that I didn't have time to eat my 3 hard boiled eggs until 1:30 in the afternoon!  That's the first time EVER that I can remember skipping a meal.  When other bloggers wrote about using intermittent fasting as a diet tool, I thought, "Are you crazy??  I would die of starvation if I skipped any meals!"  I used to despise the feeling of hunger.

But what happened after my little fast is that my appetite got smaller.  I did yard work Friday evening instead of elliptical exercise, had a slice of ham and some broccoli for dinner - and the scale went Boom on Saturday morning.  Down 1.6 pounds to 246.8 from 248.6.  Is that the way it happens for you folks?  Nothing, nothing, nothing, etc.  Then all at once a bunch of weight disappears.  I'll have to give this intermittent fasting thing a serious look!

I ate lightly on Saturday as well.  Three fried eggs before fire drill, and a can of tuna with some mayo for lunch at 2.  I'm freakin' amazed that those 3 eggs carried me for 6 hours, and then the tuna made me OK for another 6 hours.  I'd only had 650 calories by 8, so I made myself a baked potato, 2 slices of bacon, an ounce of cheese with sour cream for dinner (no butter).  And I couldn't eat it all!  I ate all the good stuff and left about half the potato.  Then I had a piece of maple fudge for dessert.

And the scale this morning gave me another 0.6 pounds, down to 246.2, for a loss this week of ... 3.4 pounds!  If past history is any indicator, my weight will go back up for a little while before my body decides to finally let this weight go for good.  That will probably bother me, even though I know to expect it.

Friday night, before this loss, I decided to take measurements to see if I'd lost any inches since September 1st when I started this journey. I lost an inch from my neck, 15.5 to 14.5 but only 2 inches from my hips, 54 to 52 inches.  I knew my neck was getting thinner!

And then Saturday night I went shopping in my closets for clothes that I might have forgotten about.  I found 3 pairs of size 18 pants I can wear to work now.  Tried on all the old Hilfiger jeans and moved 2 pairs over to the "wear now" shelves.  Good thing because I moved a few pairs of jeans off my "these look good" shelf and onto the "yard work" shelf because they're too big! Eventually they'll go into the bag for the Salvation Army.

Looked in this tote and tried on stuff that I had labeled with 220 (weight I was when I wore them) :

 Tried on the dress and it fits - if I didn't need to breathe! 
I love the old style dresses!  I used to shop at vintage clothing stores (still shop at Salvation Army).  I got some of these dresses thinking that I'd use them to make a pattern and make myself some.  But really, I don't wear dresses any more.  Can't wear them in a chemical plant. Or at a fire house.
The two dresses on the right fit well, but I can't get the one on the left over my shoulders!  Well - enough procrastination - time to get outside and work in the yard some more.

9 comments:

  1. Great job thats one heck of a loss keep it up!!! Also congrats on the NSV I just recently did some at home shopping too it feels good to put on clothes that used to fit, but it feels even better to get rid of them for good! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my heck that blue dress is ADORABLE. give yourself a couple more lbs of loss and you'll be able to wear it AND breathe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss, and great NSVs with the measurements and jeans too! That teal dress is sooo cute and a really beautiful color on you. Chemical plant and firehouse may be no's, but dates are a yes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What KT said!! Keep the dress for dates! Shoot, keep working for that adorable dress, and then just wear it to run the vacuum, 1950's style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!! That is great. I love NSV. Keep up the great work.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dressing up.. mainly because I've never worked in a place where I can dress up. Great loss this week! Absolutely awesome!

    -w0rld

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, super loss this week. Keep doing what you're doing because it's working.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great loss.... love that shopping in my closet for clothes that 'used' to fit! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha, shopping in the closet is the best! So random and it's a free way to get a 'new' wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete