I decided to get over my major waah about cleaning and just do it. I usually ignore stuff like spiderwebs on window screens, toothpaste spatters on bathroom mirrors, dust on windowsills, but when I look at my place with new eyes, it looks terrible because of those things, on top of the dog hair everywhere. So I swept. I vacuumed. I cleaned window screens, countertops, dishes, mirrors. It needed to be done anyway. Getting mad about having to clean for TaxMan was a little silly. Another way to look at it is that I'll feel better in a nice, clean house.
Which brings up an analogy to getting mad about dieting and working out. We all know that we will feel better when we are thinner and healthier, but still complain about having to limit our eating and make time to work out. I didn't think of that when I was a whirling dervish last night, but the short-term struggle between pleasure now and pleasure later is ongoing. Still, and forever. I loved Mir's update on successfully getting through a party, and hope to use some of those techniques this weekend at a bonfire party. Gotta be willing to pass up the yummy-looking food though!
So I "gave myself the day off" from the elliptical and cleaned for 3 straight hours last night instead. And then I gave myself the morning off to clean some more. All I have left are the kitchen counters, dishes, mop the floor, and to vacuum 2 rooms. I skipped the whole back end of the house though, and the basement, which we'll have to walk through. Would have been better if I hadn't put it off until the last minute!!
Scale: 243.4, down 1.4 from yesterday, but still up 0.4 from Monday. No real change in eating to explain the gain/loss. Must be TOM. I'm the only person I know who can GAIN weight after a workout session. My boss talks about losing 5 pounds of water weight after a jog and I'm like, "WTF? How can I be a pound heavier after a workout than before??" I did try to do some pushups though - and I CAN !!! I did 10, girl style, and then failed in the middle of the second 10. That's 10+ more than I could do before!!
No comments:
Post a Comment