I lost track of weeks a while ago, so I'm going with the noncommittal "CDCC Update" for the title today.
243.4 this morning. Every week it's the same. I struggle, struggle, struggle for nothing, bitch, moan, complain - and then the scale gives up the entire week's loss in 2 days. Last week's update I was 247 = 3.6 pounds lost this week. If I keep up this rate, there'll be no problem hitting my goal of 230-235 by the end of this challenge.
I was thinking this morning that my highest weight was 276, so I'm down 33ish from my highest. More than 10% lost in the last 2 years! Labor day I was 264, so I'm 21 down from there. Altogether, I'm about 1/3 of the way to my goal to be non-obese,which will be 47 or so pounds from now. My final goal might be in the 185 range, but right now I'm only going to think in small steps.
I decided that my treat for getting through 240 pounds will be a hula hoop! I've got one of the cheap ones from WalMart, but I can't make it stay up. I've read that the hula way to go is to get a weighted hoop - which I will do soonest!
Water: Nope, not really. 1-2 pots (24 oz each) of English Breakfast tea before work, then 34 ounces of chai with splenda and light cream for the morning at work, like I've been doing for a few months.
I've had itchy hives for a month and it JUST occurred to me yesterday that it might be the chai and/or the splenda, so those are OUT for at least a few weeks. I also started taking an H1 blocker and an H2 blocker to control the itchiness. I kinda just realized they were hives (I can be slow on the uptake sometimes!), and reading about them yesterday, I learned that hives (urticaria) can be accompanied by joint pain. Aha! So that explains why my knees hurt again, and I feel like I have plantar fasciitis again! The H1 and H2 blockers (Zyrtec and Zantac) are working to make me not feel like I want to scratch my skin off - but one or both of them is making me tired. Yesterday I went to bed at 8 and got up this morning at 8. It'll probably be the same tonight, except I have to get up at 5:30 for work. Blurg.
My working hypothesis is that occasional chai is fine, but 2 bags a day, 7 days a week is too much. I'll give it 2 weeks chai-free before I make a doctor's appointment. Online peeps say that prednisone is a common treatment for this, but I don't wanna! It causes people to gain weight!
Supporting other bloggers: I did the minimum, three comments this week. I'm gonna skip fire drill tomorrow night, and maybe use that time to be more supportive of my bloggy friends!
Book stuff: for me, this is meditation class. I did some.
Exercise: I did elliptical Weds, Thurs, Fri and today, and weight work one of those days. I got my elliptical Tuesday and put it together and there's a problem! It scrapes when my left foot goes down. The repairman came Friday and fixed it ... until the very first time I tried it after he left. I'll call again tomorrow. I used that as an excuse until today when I forced myself to get on that noisy, scrape-y thing and do 20 minutes. OMFG! It's killer! It's got incline and has different workouts that automatically move it up and down and change the resistance. At several points I thought I was going up stairs the incline was so sharp. Now I'm feeling it in my quads, which is good. I've read that quad work can help my knees and I need that.
My plan for this weekend was to get a lot of work done in my yard. I really didn't feel like it, but since there's plenty of work to do, I bottled the Labor Day batch of hard cider and started a new batch for next spring, and started to clean the house. I'm expecting that TaxMan will come over next Friday, and while I'm not going to present some perfect, clean-housed me, I do want to get rid of the dust bunnies! So, yeah, Friday's date went well!
Excellent Jordan, that is a great loss. Keep up the great work and good luck figuring out the hives. Take care and God Bless!!
ReplyDeleteGreat loss! Would it help maybe, if you could weigh once per week? Just thinking out loud to try and eliminate some of that "struggle, struggle, struggle" step, haha. Hula hooping (is that a verb? IDK) sounds really fun! Doing something we enjoy is so key to actually getting it done. Have fun with TaxMan and have a great week. :)
ReplyDeletegreat job on the loss, and predisones do make you gain, so i completley understand not wanting to take them at all.I am sure you will have a great week.
ReplyDeleteAh, the sweet flush of success! It's so FUN when the scale goes down!!
ReplyDeleteGreat loss! Hives & achy joints, been there... done that... and lived to tell the tale (while I also lost, so don't let it stop ya... not that it sounds like it is;-)
ReplyDelete