Monday, October 31, 2011

Fire Up for Fall Update

I discovered Pinterest from seeing stuff other bloggers posted.  I'm hooked!  Saw this one and thought it would fit as my inspirational photo.  Otherwise it would be a picture of my snowy yard, and I'm not finding snow inspirational today.

1. What have you done this week towards your goals? 
Stayed within calorie limits, less than 1300 most days.  I went to 2 meditation sessions this week and took steps to find a therapist (spoke to one of the meditation instructors who is a mental health person and he gave me a recommendation. In about an hour of talking, he pinpointed some interesting stuff and recommended that I spend non-scheduled time discovering what it is that I like to do instead of being busy every minute.)  Plus, I had social plans Friday and Saturday (even though Saturday's was cancelled due to snow).  Friday evening with TaxMan was nice.  We went to an edgy music show at an experimental performing arts center.  We held hands when we walked and stuff, but he didn't end up coming into my house after the show because he was moving on Saturday morning.  It was a really nice, low key evening.

2. What have you done to make you feel fabulous? 
Practiced meditation several times.  Spent Saturday/Sunday snowbound cleaning/organizing a workroom and thinking about stuff I used to enjoy but have lost touch with.  Artsy, creative stuff.  I pulled out a project that's mid-stream and set it up to work on later this week.

3. How do you pull yourself out of a slump or prevent yourself falling in to one? 
I don't end up in slumps very often, so I tend to be off balance when I am down.  I've been a little off for almost 2 years now - so maybe I'm not naturally positive any more!  Sometimes I'll distract myself with reading a book or magazine, or going to see a movie.  If I had friends, I'd ring one of them and visit.  Recently I've realized that exercise will make me feel better, and meditation too.  Doing nothing is the worst thing.  A few weeks ago I felt down, so I washed my car and cleaned it inside and out, just to keep busy.

4. Are you naturally positive or do you have to work at it? How do you keep yourself positive?
I am naturally positive (or maybe not so much any more). 

5. I'm on Holiday right now, if you could go away anywhere tomorrow (and work wouldn't get weird) where would you go? 
In the winter, I want to go somewhere that has hot springs or hot tubs, or lots of sun and sand.  Right now I'd love to be far away from my world, but that is easy to be in (as in must speak english or give me dysentery).  I love New Mexico.  There is a spa called Ojo Caliente north of Santa Fe that would do nicely right now.

 
In an aside - I went to an Italian deli at lunchtime to get pastrami and roast beef for lunches/snacks for the rest of the week. (And let me tell you, it was HARD to stay away from the wonderful-smelling italian pastries!  But I did!) When I came back, I opened the pastrami, intending to take out 2 ounces.  At the same time, my boss came in letting me know that someone had asked him where my weekly Monday reports were.  This same someone who had an email exchange with ME about it last week, chose to go to my BOSS when she didn't get them, even though when we emailed last week she knew I'd do them on November 1st.

I was so annoyed that she contacted my boss instead of asking me directly that before I knew it, half of the pastrami was gone!  Wow!  I guess that's mindless eating!  Thank goodness it was pastrami and not french fries.  I won't have time to work out today, but the 250-calorie "pastrami accident" is much easier to recover from than 600-calorie french fries!

No comments:

Post a Comment