Thursday, January 5, 2012

Concise

I'm going to do my level best to be concise today.

My quote:  Thoughts become things.  Choose the good ones.

Yesterday:
Weight: 222.8
Exercise: after work, C25K week 2, except I sped my runs up to 5.5mph + some leg machines.
Food: breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs/onion/4 oz corned beef got my appetite back under control.  Lunch: salami/creamed cheese/olives. Dinner: cheeseburger+ 2 hard ciders.  Lots of tea, as usual.

Today:
Weight: 222.2
Exercise: hour-long yoga class at lunch
Food: breakfast: 3 eggs/corned beef/pico de gallo mixed up and scrambled, lunch: 4 oz turkey breast, mixed greens salad with sunflower seeds and lite vinaigrette dressing.  Dinner:  probably another cheeseburger

I got really on-the-go last night and made spicy nuts for salad topping.  Also started to make beef jerky (the meat is marinating now and will go in the dehydrator tonight).  I use this recipe for beef jerky.  It's a great, great high-protein snack that keeps well and helps for those moments when a snack is just the thing.  I keep a ziploc bag of jerky in my desk drawer.

Upinthecosmos inspired me to look for local 5K opportunities and I signed up for a local running exchange.  There's races coming up in April/May timframe that I could possibly actually run in.  They have weekly workouts, but the slowest one is 10-minute mile, meaning I'd have to be able to do 6 mph, which is dream territory right now.

Oh well.  Something to work towards.

4 comments:

  1. I look for 5Ks that are for charities. They usually dont have time limits!! Therse no way in teh world I can run a 10 minute mile!! I will be elated the day I can, but until then, I will do my best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from my 30 minute brisk walk. I have no desire to do a 5K or any race. But taht's me. I use my walk time to think, plot, pray, compose haiku...I don't want to turn it competitive, cause for me, it's a sort of creative, destress thing.

    But girl, I will totally root for you to race up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started the C25K. I've done it before so I know it's possible, but it is hard after not runnuing for such a long time.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about trying 5k as well, but I would be walking not running. Keep up the good work!

    My husband and I are urban homesteaders dreaming of country life as well. I would love to share ideas with each other if you are interested. My homesteading blog is eabasideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete