Monday, January 2, 2012

Last Day of Vacation - Sortof

I run reports of out-of-spec material for work, which is important for end of year stuff.  So I went into work yesterday to run the reports ... and there was a problem.  But it still took 2 hours to not accomplish anything.  So I went into work this morning to try again, and it worked.  Too bad that I had to get up early early on my last day off.  But I took advantage of it and ran on the treadmill at the work gym (C25K week 2) before I had to pick up my dog from boarding by noon.

So now I'm at home updating my music library.  This is one of those things that consumes hours and hours of time, so I only do it once a year or so.  I use a website called swapacd to trade CDs.  When I get a new-to-me CD I'll listen to it in the car, copy it to either my work laptop or my home laptop, or maybe not.  I've got songs all over the place.  Yesterday I finally decided to put the whole library in the cloud with iTunes match.  That took all day.  Today I'm going through all my CDs, checking if they're in the library, and uploading them if not, which will probably take the rest of the day.  But I'm happy to get my whole music library in one place and accessible from any computer.

I'm thinking about soundtracks.  I've been using Suz's Couch to 5K podcasts (kissmyblackass.org) and LOVE them!  Hiphop isn't my normal listening music, but it can't be beat for running.  It gets me out of my normal world and I can't think about how I feel because I'm busy listening to the music.  Plus, I love the lines about big asses and how great they are ('cause I've got one!).  My favorite song from the week 1 podcast is Low, by Flo Rida (I gotta figure out how to embed this).


http://youtu.be/ZLwvc5Qywzk

I want to go through my small collection of hiphop and see if I can put together a few 30-to 45-minute tracks for workouts.  Possibly buy a few tunes.  My sister got all energized by me being so workout-y while I was there and started C25K herself.  Then she spent 2 solid days putting together some run mixes, starting with learning how to make a mix.  Which got me all thinking that I can make my own run mixes.  So here I am.

I found someone selling a chinup bar on craigslist for $15 - so I think I'm going to buy it! 

Today's tasks:  think about hiphop mixes, possibly buy a chinup bar, make corned beef in the slow cooker, laundry.  Get ready to go back to work.

This morning's weight:  221.8, which is down from yesterday.  I drank a TON of tea, so I think my body let go of some water weight.  It's amazing how not-hungry I am when I'm here at home.  It's easy to wait to until I'm physically hungry to eat.  At my sister's house, I was totally eating emotionally.  Not hungry, but consumed with "what am I going to eat next."  I feel that way at work too, when I'm bored.

I'm rambling now - time to get going!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to work on your day off. Working with your music sounds fun. I hope you enjoy the rest of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like night and day with where I eat. I used to binge at home, eat like mad in restaurants, and be fine at family stuff. Now, I eat fine at home, pretty good at restaurants, and when I mess up, it's at family's homes. Huh? Interesting. Maybe it's the getting older and wanting to be more family-social oriented cause peops are DYING. Maybe it's just the "it's out of the ordinary" thing...

    But yeah, at home, I'm calmer, have my routine, have my "safe eats", etc.

    Anyway, here's to a second day in a spanking new yaer and your exercise mojo. This is my last lazy day with hubby and it's back to the movement habit reestablishment come Tuesday. Music make s a huge differene..makes ya wanna move, right? Later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do the same thing too. I need new music. Bad, I need it.
    Keep up the good work. Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music=Life. A good beat and lyrics can make or break my workout - or whole day for that matter. happy New year!

    ReplyDelete