Hard to believe the last time I blogged was Wednesday. I'm usually much more predictable than that. But it's been a heckuva week.
My cold went mostly went away Thursday. It was a rough one but quick, thankfully. I haven't worked out since Monday though. My food choices have leaned more towards comfort food than healthy food. Like, um, a piece of cake with sugar frosting. Grits made with 1/4 light cream and 3/4 water, and butter. Not big amounts, but not good choices either. Since this is the rest of my life here, eating like this is going to happen occasionally. It has to be followed by several weeks of good eating though, to get to 80-90% good eating.
Sparky the cat is home with me now. I trekked to the vet just about every day this week and was prepared to let him go a few times. Now that he's not costing me more money every time he breathes, I feel better. Either he'll get better or he won't.
The first week of EMT class was quite an adjustment. A full day of my real job that I get paid for, then class from 7-10 three days a week. Plus all morning Saturday. One week down, 14 weeks to go. The teacher is really good and the subject matter is interesting, so it's not all bad. This morning I learned CPR. Very useful.
My weight is doing weird things. I'm at 214.0 today. (I'll do the E2E update tomorrow.) After a month of being at a plateau around 220, I jumped down 7 pounds to 213 in, like 2 days. I kept expecting it to jump back up, but it hasn't ... yet. That's the fear of all the weight coming back that we all have. I have a hard time accepting that I might actually weight 213-214.
I met a match.com person last night. They have this date idea thing where I put, "Wanna go to a hockey game?" He responded with Yes. And there's one Saturday night. All of a sudden I felt like I wanted to meet him before I had to spend several hours at a hockey game with a total stranger. I mean, what if we couldn't stand each other? So we had some sushi last night.
Here's the catch. (There is always a freakin' catch!!) He's a widower. His wife died, get this ... a month ago. That could potentially still be OK if she'd been dying a long time. And she had been sick a long time - but they didn't know she'd die until a few days before it happened. He wants to get out and meet women (with full permission from his grown kids) not because he's ready, but because he feels he needs to get his mind off "things." In one breath he said he just wants to hang out with someone, but in the next breath he talked about looking for his other 50%. Not exactly the same thing, dude.
I feel terrible for the guy. He's a nice guy and relatively easy to talk to. But he doesn't even come close to being able to expand his horizon to care for a new woman. I told him that (nicer though.) - but he didn't get it. I tried to let him know, nicely, that most women would be cautious since it seemed like he's still letting go. We left it last night that I'd email today if I wanted to go to the game with him. The more I thought about it today, the less I wanted to see him again - but I really want to go to this hockey game! So I emailed him to see what time he wants to meet - if he still wants to go.
A big part of me is hoping he won't answer or will write that he doesn't want to or can't go. Then I could stay home and sleep! If he still wants to go, then I'll get to see the game, which will be OK too. I'll let y'all know tomorrow.
I've heard that if a man had a very happy marriage, and becomes widowed, he'll want to remarry pretty fast...to recapture the joy of marriage. Well, I get that. But dang, I'd come back from the dead to slap the shit out of my husband if he was dating ONE MONTH after I kicked it. Seriously, I think that's kinda tacky.
ReplyDeleteAnd I say that as a woman who prays to die first, and asks God nightly to make sure his next wife is really wonderful and makes him crazy happy. :D But I do wanna be properly mourned, dammit. :D
If what he wants is friends, then socialize, not "match" up.
Oh, well.
Glad your cold is a quickie, not glad the comfort food got ya. And you know, you had a WHOOSH. These happen. I never had a 7 pound one, but they do happen. You just hold on for a spell and then, bam, it comes off. Many dieters have them at least once. :D
Enjoy it. And keep your eye on Onederland, baby, cause it's on its way.
You are so close to 50lbs lost!
ReplyDeleteAs for the guy, I say to hell with the game! Run for the hills woman!
I'm glad for the jump in loss. These plateaus are killer! As for the guy, honestly I'm the last person to ask. Good luck either way. It must be a hard situation. For you. For him.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up!
-w0rld
I hope for you, that you will have this great loss. I know, how it feels, when you see it on the scale on some days, but on actual weigh in day, you are up again. Hope, this will not happen to you.
ReplyDeleteI wonder actually, if this guy is telling you the truth? Have you thought about that? How can somebody loose his wife unexpected and then even go on dates just after a month? Strange.
Hope, you will have a good week next week and get more success. That does feel good, doesn't it?