247 this morning, a 0.2 pound gain from last week's update. During the week I got down to 245.6, then back up to 247, then down, then back up.
Exercise: no exercise Wednesday and it's feeling like I'll struggle today. I'm planning to do some tree clearing on the hill in front of my house, but I really feel like taking a lazy Sunday instead. Tuesday was 18 holes of golf. Yesterday was ziplining (which turned out to be a ropes course with some fun zips). The week had a lot of variety and a lot of movement. Ideally, my life will have more weeks like this one - and that will be a challenge foodwise.
Reading: I'm using my meditation class for this. I missed last week's class because of the golf tournament, but the instructor sent me the assignment. Read a handout on the Seven Essential Attitudes, and spend 10 minutes each day sitting and contemplating one of them (can be a different one each day). The attitudes are: nonjudging, patience, beginner's mind, trust, nonstriving, acceptance, and letting go. For copyright reasons, I won't include the handout, but I've gotten a lot of peace out of the contemplations.
Food: was bad this week, and it was all from making not-good choices when I was out with people. I know how to do it. I know what to do. But in the split seconds where I made the decisions, I wanted to be like everyone else. Tuesday it was wings and beer after golf. Friday it was 2 glasses of wine and some nachos with TaxMan and yesterday it was a 6-course tasting menu with wine accompaniment at a bachelorette party.
Social life: great this week! Still not at a level of supportive relationships, but moving in that direction on multiple fronts. Finding myself surprisingly uncomfortable with the idea of dating TaxMan. Not because he's a bad choice, but because (likely) of my being so entrenched in my alone-world and entranced with emotionally unavailable dudes that I'm uncomfortable when a guy is available and actually interested in getting to know me better. I'm considering talking to a therapist about it. I don't think I want to be alone the rest of my life, so I need to get my thoughts and actions into alignment.
General odds and ends: I read a blog posting last week about thinner people moving more, and that stuck with me, especially yesterday, noticing the bride-to-be jumping around in her living room, overflowing with energy even after putting us all in the dust on the ropes course. I noticed my bias towards not moving so much and thought about working on changing that.
The elliptical is being delivered on Tuesday! With 6 weeks under my belt now, I think it's a machine I'll really use.
For closure on the plow blade story - I found out it's only 75 or so pounds, so I'll be able to move it myself in the back of my station wagon. Problem solved!
I'll post a picture of the ropes course later, when I find the camera cable!
Have a great week, all!
A great week Jordan. Moving was excellent. Keep it up. Hope this week is just as grand. You'll do it, I know you will.
ReplyDeleteTake care and God Bless!!
Hey, maintaining after eating a six course wine pairing meal... I'd consider that a success. :) here's to moving forward!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you get yourself out there & that's great! I have problems doing that & dealing with people showing interest in me of any sort so I admire those that can excel in 1 if not both! You are doing great!
ReplyDeleteMoving more is wonderful. Now, do it. :)
ReplyDelete