Monday, January 23, 2012

I Feel Like Crap

It was yesterday afternoon when I realized that the tiredness and everything feeling sore and throat beginning to tickle was the beginning of something yucky.  I lay down mid-afternoon for a while, which just ruined my ability to go to sleep last night.  So now I'm at work feeling like I've been hit by a bus.  I don't get sick often, and I'm hoping that this one isn't too bad.  But it's not surprising with the stress of the last week. We'll see.

I did manage to prepare my food for work (eggy-hot capicola-onion-green pepper-broccoli scramble, 2 hard boiled eggs, red grapes, mesclun salad with feta cheese and spicy nuts).  I also have baby carrots and an apple available in case I have cravings.  Check off that aspect of taking care of myself.

I also brought my workout clothes to work.  I'm going to try and do C25K week 3, which has (2) 3-minute runs and (2) 1-1/2 minute runs.  If I can't hack that, I'll backtrack to week 1 which is 1 minute running, 1 minute walking intervals.  This whole 9 minutes of jogging and 21 minutes of walking doesn't burn that many calories - I want to graduate to week 4 which is 12 minutes of running.  I doubt I'll be able to hack it today though.  I've read that if you don't have a fever, you can still work out when you're sick.  So I plan to.  At least try.

Since I ate the house on Saturday night (I did log everything I ate and it was 2000+ calories), I was curious how I'd feel on Sunday.  Would I have cravings to eat lots more, or would I have a reaction like 'normal' people and want to eat less than usual?  I did crave a bit in the morning, but successfully ignored it.  I ended up eating 1100 calories and not being hungry for more.  I ellipticall-ed for 30 minutes, so my net cals was, like 800 for the day. Success.

Then the scale said 213.8 this morning, which is unbelievable.  No way I lost another 2 pounds.  It says my body fat went up a little to 39.0 percent, so maybe my body is taking muscle to fight the sickness I'm getting?  Maybe the cals I've been eating the last few weeks have been too low and my body was in starvation mode?  Who knows.  I'm just gonna put my head down, look at my feet and keep going forward.  Trying to take care of myself all the healthy ways I can.  Trenches mode, baby!

2 comments:

  1. I got sick too it sucks and tom on top of that ughhh i feel like poo. lol I hope you get better soon and can tackle them exercises. congrats on the loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I missed this post. I hope today finds you better, baby. And I would not recommend going under 1200 too often. From most of what I've read, that pretty much is the benchmark for getting adequate nutrition. Make sure you get plenty of protein--the dieter's lean mass sparing pal. :D And be well, babe...

    ReplyDelete